SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sc_kathyc

Will kitchen cabinets push me over the edge? Looking for expert

14 years ago

I really don't intend to focus on this all weekend. The weather is gorgeous, and I want to de-stress.

But.... kitchen cabinets are going to push me to do some serious drinking....or something.

Some of you may have read my previous posts; I have been stressing because the cabinet guy is taking forever. I won't touch on that again, though we did have a serious conversation about that.

So he delivered some more of the kitchen cabinets yesterday. No doors, so it hard to give raving reviews about the quality yet. However, the paint finish is awesome, the cabinets look gorgeous. I have seen 2 inset doors installed on the butlers pantry and they look wonderful. I'm thinking, boy maybe it is worth all the delays. He really is doing a good job.

But then I realize; that the hood cabinet is wrong. Back in December, I fell in love with a cabinet and decided; "That is exactly what I want".

So, I gave the photo to him (in December) and said this is it. "I want my cabinet to look just like this. I want the shelf, the keystone, I want it all. Just like this photo." He says; no problem. But when he presented his drawings, he had placed 4 doors on the cabinet. So; I pulled out my picture again, gave him another copy and said "This is what I want".

No problem he say's, I just forgot. So he assures me he won't forget.

HE FORGOT.

It's 9pm last night when i see this; so of course I had problems going to sleep. But I called him this morning and after letting him know how wonderful the quality was, told him that the cabinet over the cooktop is wrong. He panicked for a moment; then said; I need to go look at my clipboard and I'll call you back. He later called my husband and said, "Oh no, I messed up".

So on the upside, I think he will try to correct this. On the downside, there is a concern that there will not be a way to get to the hood vent if he does what I want. So my husband is thinking a removable panel. I don't want to see "seams" of a removable panel.

I'm not really panicking because I know that this can be corrected. I just need to know how it should be done so that I can speak intelligently about it. So please,tell me what could be; should be done now?

Comments (3)