SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Push me- with updates so it's less 90s/country

hilltop_gw
11 years ago

I dream of doing something different with my kitchen so it's less "country" but I do live in the country and the reality of the work is overwhelming . Everything in the house is oak (typical for our area) so I'd love suggestions on the easiest/least expensive to best changes to update it. Here are some things I've considered:

• Redoing island with Rustoleum's cabinet transformation in pure white w/ glaze or Gel stain in Java. I consider doing all the cabinets but that would be a lot of work. (I'm afraid the Java would be too dark to do on all). When painting or gel staining cabinets do you do all of the cabinet interiors as well?

• Replace the wooden "frame" by light fixture with medallion (hole was cut in wrong place during build and this was builders fix to cover it up)

• Change out the light fixture with?

• Repaint the orange walls with what color to tone down the oak?

• Replace the teapots in soffit area with?

• Change out the corner stained glass (has brass caning) to a different style- suggestions?

The oak floors and Corian Tumbleweed counters and wall tile will stay. We won't be moving so this is it.

I'm shopping for a new table/chairs and credenza today.

I love the cleaner lines of this set from Macy's but it's too big for my area.

Macy's Scottsdale Collection

Comments (15)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County