Jumbo muffins baking times?
17 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 17 years ago
Related Discussions
Tricia, about jumbo muffin pan meals...
Comments (2)Hi Shambo! Yes, I made them for awhile before Sandy put us out of business. I've made Mac 'n Cheese w/broccoli; Lasagna (tore up the noodles to fit the cup); and an Alfredo Crab Linguini all in extra-large muffin trays. They worked great. I did add extra sauce to compensate for both what the pasta would absorb and also to allow for my Sjogren's swallowing issues. I brushed the tins with olive oil just prior to filling and had no problems getting them out of the cups. When frozen solid, I ran a butter knife lightly around the tops (not all the way down the cup) and dumped out on a wooden board - they popped right out. Then I vac-packed and refroze. To reheat, I can be lazy, so I nuked 'em. With the extra sauce they were great and the perfect size. Baked ziti would freeze well. Give it a try. Don't forget the extra sauce though! /tricia...See MoreTimes and temps for baking quiche?
Comments (20)Bummer when I noticed the 2011 date. I was ready to pull out my red pen. Like my junior high English teacher. "Bad grammar gets me in more of a frenzy than bad quiche recipes lol", ( lol ) I tend to be tolerant of writing errors. Their, there, your, you're, is pretty basic but we have a gardening poster on another forum that is extremely shy and has zero writing skills that we all encourage as no one should be ridiculed for lack of education. "I have been catering quiche for 35 years. Listen up." A career in quiche does not need an English degree, but wow. The scolding tone is hilarious. (one post only) I make frittata, not quiche with a crust, for many reasons. Easier with so much veg and quick. No pastry to deal with. Pre-heat oven hot, start the cast iron on the stove-top with a thin potato crust. turn down to 250º. Mid-week meal. Like last night. I don't stock cream. Or milk. Excellent meal but I'm not charging $ for it. "Anyone who gives a time is silly..." At home we need a starting point trying many different recipes. All ovens are different so a basic time is necessary....check at 20 minutes, re-check at 30, etc....See MoreMuffins without baking powder
Comments (7)Lars- This gluten-free recipe is from Elana's Pantry (Elana Amsterdam) and uses coconut flour - http://elanaspantry.com/lemon-poppy-seed-muffins/ Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Serves: 18 mini-muffins Ingredients ¼ cup coconut flour ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt ¼ teaspoon baking soda 3 large eggs ¼ cup agave nectar (I use coconut nectar - recipe below*, honey would also work) ¼ cup grapeseed oil (I use coconut oil, but any mild-flavored oil will work) 1 tablespoon lemon zest 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (I also use whole amaranth seeds instead of poppy seeds) Instructions 1.In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda 2.In a large bowl, blend together eggs, agave, oil and lemon zest 3.Blend dry ingredients into wet 4.Fold in poppy seeds 5.Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each greased mini muffin cup 6.Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes 7.Cool and serve *Homemade Coconut Nectar (a low-glycemic, low-fructose, sweetener) 1-1/2 c. coconut palm sugar 1/2 c. water Heat over low heat until dissolved. Place in a glass container and keep in the refrigerator. Can be used in recipes in equal amounts where honey, agave nectar, or other liquid sweeteners, and high-fructose sweeteners, are used. For anyone avoiding fructose (in all it's forms - or due to fructose intolerance), coconut palm sugar is mainly composed of sucrose with small amounts of glucose and fructose - 71% sucrose, 3% glucose, 3% fructose....See Moretime to bake some snacks...
Comments (19)These are tasty if you have everything on hand. I've made these many times to serve with a cream cheese roulade, but that's for another time than now! Blue Cheese Shortbread 3 1/2 oz. crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup) 3 T. unsalted butter, room temp. 1/2 cup flour 1/4 cup cornstarch 1/4 tsp. kosher salt 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped Blend blue cheese and butter in food processor until creamy. Add flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add walnuts and process just until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Flatten into disk. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out dough between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove top sheet. Using a small cookie cutter (2 1/2" is good), cut out cookies. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Gather dough scraps and reroll to cut out additional cookies. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)...See More- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
Related Stories

LIFESimple Pleasures: The Joy of Baking
Fill your house with a heavenly scent and your heart with cheer by making time to bake
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGet Organized for Holiday Baking
Before you crack that first egg, establish a game plan for stress-free success
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGet Your Kitchen ‘Bake Off’ Ready
Make it easy to whip up a cake or a batch of cookies with these tips for organizing your space
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSWhy Grow Quince? For Beauty, Fragrance and Old-Time Flavor
Delightfully perfumed fruit and lovely spring blossoms make this apple and pear cousin worth a spot in the garden
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEGet It Done: How to Clean Out the Pantry
Crumbs, dust bunnies and old cocoa, beware — your pantry time is up
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGuest Picks: An Inspired Fall Kitchen
20 ways to chop, bake and whisk in style through the fall season and long after
Full Story
LIFEThe Polite House: What’s an Appropriate Gift to Welcome a New Neighbor?
Etiquette expert Lizzie Post suggests the right time and best presents to introduce a new neighbor to your area
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGFoolproof Ways to Declutter Your Kitchen
If you find yourself fumbling through cupboards to find what you’re looking for, it’s time to take action with these simple steps
Full Story
FALL AND THANKSGIVINGSimple Pleasures: A Cozy Home in Cold Weather
Stock up on these treats and essentials to make even blustery days and snowed-in time feel special
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME12 Ways to Set Up Your Kitchen for Healthy Eating
Making smart food choices is easier when your kitchen is part of your support team
Full Story
jojoco