SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macybaby_gw

backsplash ideas - what do you think?

macybaby
13 years ago

I've seen all this tile in person, and it looks wonderful with our soapstone.

Our plan is to use this 5x5 crackle tile for the field.

Winchester Arcadian in Tern.

Here is another picture - hopefully it will show the "crackle" more.

Then we plan on putting an inset over the sink and cooktop. We'll use the random brick to form the "frame" with 1" squares inside that. These tiles are a combination of clear glass, frosted glass and ming green marble.

I pulled the pictures off the net, but in real life the three are exactly the same color, which matches exactly the veining in our soapstone.

I experimented with color a bit, and decided I did not want a white backspash, but not too much color.

But the bill for this (I'll do the install) is near $1,000. The sales lady gave me heart failure - she was going to get pricing and came back with over $3000!

I asked for 180 pieces of the field tile, and she wrote down 180 sq feet - there's 5.5 tiles per square feet so that made a huge difference.

What is interesting, and totally unitentional, this color is a great match for the paint we have in the stairway off the kitchen, just a lighter shade.

I had found a glass mosiac that matched both the green in the soapstone and the brown inset in the floor, but it was too "busy" of a look for the kitchen - too much contrast between the colors. It's the one in the center. BTW - For some reason my floor always look way yellow in photos - is a light cream in real life.

Comments (10)