SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macybaby_gw

messed up the dining room again

macybaby
12 years ago

At least this time it's for something that will be in the dining room. Since we made this the dining room, it's seen way more use as a workroom for projects for the other parts of the house.

DH and I spent about 3 hours cleaning up in the shop, and we finally got my sideboard brought in. We may get another 5 inches of snow in a few days and I wanted it in now so we would not have to carry it through snow - or at least more than we have right now.

I'll clean it, sand it and clean it again and then paint it. I'll modify the molding on the sides so I can put fillers to close up the sides after it's in the alcove. Not sure about a countertop yet. I'm thinking maybe something very dark and synthetic. The table and chairs will be painted a very dark green/brown color - the color on the cardboard in front of the hutch. I'm still undecided about the yellow hutch. Now that I have the sideboard to work on the hutch can wait.

I'll get to use my new Festool sander for the first time. I hope the vacuum works as well as it is said to.

On a side note - I finally got the tiles set in the hallway. I'll be grouting this afternoon so it can set overnight.

Comments (2)