SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindee56

Did I mess up again.....?

cindee56
11 years ago

First of all thanks to everyone that offered excellent information on removing a glass border. Before I proceed with taking a hammer to it I decided to post a picture and tell my story........

Took me 2 years to finally choose a granite. Some advice....never look for 2 years. I ended up with the first granite I saw. So 6 months ago it was installed. Another piece of advice....feel the surface. Mine looked as shiny as glass when it was up on it's side but in my very bright kitchen you can see all kinds of little pits and dull spots. Not happy but have to live with it. Now it was time to chose my backsplash. When my friend purchased her condo last year I loved her backsplash in her kitchen.

Hers had a lighter glass border and the tile was called "Burlap". When I went online to order samples I ordered the Burlap and another color called "Truffle". Because my doorknobs, cabinet knobs, stair railing and light fixtures are all dark dark brown I went with the darker Truffle and am feeling sick that is stands out too much and is too dark..? I love the 4x12" matte white subway tile but was thinking about trying to remove this dark glass border. I am not sure the picture is very good but it is dark brown not black. My cooktop is back and you can definitely tell the border is brown.

I am wondering if it is just because there was nothing on the wall for 2 years that it seems to jump out at you when you look in the kitchen or it just doesn�t match at all.....any suggestions and commnets are appreciated...thank-you all.

Comments (20)