Pampered Chef pizza stone
13 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
Related Discussions
Teflon is bad, but exploding glass isn't great.
Comments (10)I have many pyrex pieces and use them daily. I don't have trouble with loaf pans sticking, but I do grease and often use parchment paper, too, when baking. My pyrex is older. I believe the exploding issue has been with the newer pieces and the vision line. I have many pieces of the french white Corningware and love it, too. I've had it long enough that I don't think it was made in China. I have both a Calphalon anodized aluminum set (not the non-stick) and many pieces of stainless steel (All Clad and others) and love both. The cast iron pieces are heavy, but the dutch ovens are great for roasting. The beauty of the skillets are they are non-stick without having any non-stick coating if they are cared for properly. That said, some people don't want to deal with the weight for a skillet that they use daily. I'm not sure I have answered any of your questions. I think it is a matter of trial and error to find what works best for you....See MorePamper Chef, what to buy
Comments (18)If you buy the pizza pan, make sure it is stainless steel instead of aluminum, as aluminum can melt on wood/charcoal grill. If you are using a gas grill, you will not get a smoky flavor - unless you are adding wood chips - and so there would be no point. I use a pizza stone on my charcoal grill, and I still get a smoky flavor, and so I do not think the holes in the bottom are really necessary for the smoke to flavor the pizza. They might help, but they are not needed for flavor. However, all of my pizza pans have holes in them, and so there may be another function to them. I used to have five pans, but now I have four... I've never seen a Pampered Chef store, and so maybe they are only in the East. Lars...See MorePizza Stone....
Comments (40)Several years ago I had a pizza and baking stone from a company called HearthKit. It was a large, heavy base plate, more than 1 inch thick, with side stones, also very thick, that could theoretically replicate a brick oven, when place inside an ordinary kitchen oven. It worked quite well, although it did require about 40 minutes to fully heat the mass, which was constructed of refractory cement. It worked very well for baking breads and pizza. As I recall, it was about $200. When I moved to my new home, I gave it to my sister, as I installed a real, wood-fired brick oven (www.mugnaini.com) in my present home. Anyway, while the Hearthkit stone doesn't perform as well as real wood-fired oven, it was the best thing I'd found up to that point. Alas, I'm not sure it's still being made, although there still seem to be a few places from which you can order one. If you do find a source, I recommend HearthKit. A very high quality product, that absolutely performs as advertised. I've not seen any other stone that contains the mass and heavy construction of this baking stone. The link below will take you to one source that still seems to be selling the HearthKit stone, but do a google search for HearthKit, and you may find others. Here is a link that might be useful: HearthKit Baking Stones...See MoreHousehold Hints - Very Long
Comments (11)"Reheat Pizza Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works." I have several Pampered Chef pizza stones (well, they call them "baking stones"). Put the leftover pizza on one of the stones and put it in the oven. Heats it thoroughly (better than in a frying pan/skillet), and the stone keeps the crust from getting soggy. "INFO ABOUT CLOTHES DRYERS [snip] ...dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh that's what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the film, but it's there. It's what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft and static free ... [snip] well this stuff builds up on your clothes and on your lint screen. This is also what causes dryer units to potentially burn your house down with it! He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time (and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months. He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long!" We don't use dryer sheets. We use liquid fabric softener that goes into the rinse water in the washing machine. Keeping your electric bill lower would be an issue with an electric dryer, but ours runs on natural gas. What are "leftover Snickers bars"? ;-)...See More- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- last year
- last year
Related Stories

GREAT HOME PROJECTSHow to Get a Pizza Oven for the Patio
New project for a new year: Light a fire under plans for an outdoor oven and claim the best pizza in town
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Luxuries: The Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
If you love homemade pizza and are (ahem) rolling in dough, a wood-burning oven may be just the right kitchen investment
Full Story
TASTEMAKERSPro Chefs Dish on Kitchens: Michael Symon Shares His Tastes
What does an Iron Chef go for in kitchen layout, appliances and lighting? Find out here
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
HOME TECH3 Kitchen Contraptions You Won’t Believe
Pizza hot from the printer, anyone? These cooking gadgets harness imagination and high tech — and have price tags to match
Full Story
OUTDOOR KITCHENS10 Gifts Perfect for the Barbecue Enthusiasts on Your List
Get ideas for outdoor grilling tools, accessories and equipment that backyard chefs will love
Full Story
KITCHEN COUNTERTOPSKitchen Countertops: Granite for Incredible Longevity
This natural stone has been around for thousands of years, and it comes in myriad color options to match any kitchen
Full Story
OUTDOOR KITCHENSNew Outdoor Grills for 2019: Small, Smart and Convenient
Pizza ovens, Wi-Fi-connected grills and easy-clean features are seen at the recent Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Expo
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNDrool-Worthy Design Features to Borrow From Restaurant Kitchens
You can cook like a professional chef with 14 kitchen elements swiped from restaurants
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSHow to Get a Built-In Outdoor Grill
Put fresh-air grilling on the menu with a built-in setup that suits your patio or yard
Full Story
cj47