SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

I wish there were forum here on mean neighbors...

theresse
14 years ago

Hmmm...I wonder if there's a forum anywhere out there in cyberspace on this topic, actually! Somehow I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe I'll google it!

Haha just found this:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/technology&id=5679739

I agree with the author who is essentially reviewing this "rotten neighbors" site - that the problem with this new (and very popular) site is that it's a place for judgmental, angry people to vent (the "hey you kids get off my lawn" mean old man types, it appears) and puts a lot of people at risk of discrimination and losing anonymity.

I wish there were a site that's for people to complain about truly thoughtless neighbors beyond stereotypes (beyond the cars on blocks, loud parties and too many children). E.g. they hired professionals to pull your 50 year-old hedge - on your side of the property line - out by the roots cause it's in their way of expanding their garage...or another neighbor whose driveway and yours are next to each other keeps seriously dinging your car and then telling you "cars are meant to get dinged" in the same sentence as "think about the people in Haiti," but also say they're unwiling to come up with a preventative solution such as to stagger the cars, because they don't want to feel like they're in a parking lot on their own property (hahaha I guess it's okay if YOU'RE forced to feel that way though - only you're not getting dinged by strangers!)...or another neighbor - yes another neighbor - who has all-girl granddaughters and rarely comes outside but yet has barked at you for letting your 2 year-old play naked in the sprinkler during the summer, with supervision, in your yard which is on a quiet street, because he's either exposing himself (?) or is putting himself at risk of being attacked by predators. Yeah. Those types.

Aaaaaaah that felt good. Thanks for letting me vent. ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: I guess there is a site to complain on...but it sounds pretty judgmental

Comments (4)