SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buffalotina

Farrow & Ball - Amazing, but now I have too much - suggestions?

buffalotina
16 years ago

Hi,

I just got my first room painted with Farrow and Ball. Both me and my painter are blown away with the quality of this paint. He did the ceiling in Matchstick, Estate emulsion. As noted by Pirula on this forum, it did need three coats. I think the painter was happy with two but I felt that the third just beefed up the color and added the depth I was hoping for. Then we did the walls in Blazer, a strong red, in the modern emulsion. We used a grey primer (advised by the paint store) and WOW - even ONE coat looked amazing and the second just is fabulous. My painter is now thinking that he wants to use this every time he does a red because reds can be so difficult to cover. But now the problem is the paint is TOO GOOD!! The coverage my painter got is almost 50% more than is stated on the can. Granted he seems to put on fairly thin coats, but still after 3 on the ceiling and 2 on the walls it is fabulous. So of course now I have extra gallons that I do not need.

My question is, does anyone have suggestions of how I could recoup some losses on my overage? I don't think the paint supplier will exchange them. I was wondering about ebay? I do not see paint on ebay, but does anyone think that would be an outlet? Of course I could donate it, and if necessary I will, but at the price I paid I hate to think of how much extra I have.

While I LOVE this paint, not being near a dealer is hard. It is not convenient to wait until the first coat goes on to see if you need more because then there would be a hold up while I order more. So that is why I purchased plenty to start with. Live and learn!

The bottom line is, this paint is FABULOUS and I am most definitely going to use it from now on for most if not all my interior paint needs.

Thank you!

Tina

Comments (21)