SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roseofblue_gw

Keeping Vintage Cabinets:Farrow & Ball Paint? Need Frig & Hood

roseofblue
13 years ago

Farrow & Ball, Dix Blue Paint may be the choice for our Vintage Steel Cabinets! Has anyone used this Paint, how does it look? Or have you had good luck with another Paint? Would you use White Rustoleum Paint for the Inside of Cabinets? How do you suggest that these old Beauties be Organized - they are large, double door bottom & tops with the divided doors. This is the picture of the Vintage Kitchen:

There are a few Drawers and these will fill-up quickly! The Kitchen that we are leaving behind has all drawers and two corner Cabinets that I designed and have really appreciated! And the previous Kitchen has two walls of wonderful upper Cabinets of various heights, some with antique glass on the front! And a built-in Sub Zero Frig. that I already miss! Cannot afford another brand new Sub Zero, or a Liebherr, will even consider an EUC Frig., but where do you find one of these high end appliances? So we are desperate for the new FRIG. - need Cabinet/Counter Depth, Bottom Freezer, Single Door or French Doors, Height 70" or less, Stainless Steel or panel ready, I think! - Any Ideas on best Brand for the buck, in a Refrigerator? What would you select & Where did you purchase your Frig.- what are your experiences with buying appliances on Internet, we have not done this, yet? THANK YOU so much for sharing your Best and Worst Choice! We saw a single door Dacor that may fit, is this a good Frig.? What Brand do you have and how do you like the way it functions inside and looks on the outside? Please share where you purchased the Frig. if possible, looking for the best price, also?

So the new Vintage Kitchen will be quite a change and I am feeling very overwhelmed by this new 13' x 10' Kitchen with only ONE wall of top & bottom Cabinets! Fortunately, I decided to move the free standing, creamy/white painted Pantry Cabinet, out of our previous Kitchen and this will fit into the corner by the range in our new space! We will probably have to keep the black range, for now. This Pantry Cabinet has a custom creamy/white paint finish and we think, this same paint will look good on the built-in Wood Cabinets that are already around the opening for the Frig. - in the other corner of Kitchen.

So if the Vintage Steel cabinets are painted with the Blue shade and the Wood cabinets are all painted in the creamy/white - What color do you suggest for the walls? There are no upper Cabinets on the wall opposite of the 13 foot Sink/Cabinet side. Just the range and a small bottom Vintage Steel Cabinet to the left of the Range - we are removing the small steel cabinet to the right to make room for: our tall white Pantry Cabinet. Not even a range hood, now I am feeling very nervous realizing there is NO Range Hood in the new Kitchen - can we cook without the Hood? The elderly person in this Vintage house appears to have eaten out! Need Help, what should we do?

The counter-tops are going to remain the 13 feet of Stainless Steel by JUST MFG. with the built-in double bowl Sinks. And we have ordered a Chrome Grohe Ladylux Faucet because there is only one hole for the plumbing besides a small hole for the Reverse Osmosis Water dispenser. Does anyone else install the R/O Water in their Kitchen? This is always the first thing that we add, really like the quality & taste of the water that Reverse Osmosis provides!

So, there will be Water & GROHE Faucet - a new BOSCH SS Dishwasher, already purchased - Painted Cabinets that we trust will turn out OK - the floor is a neutral tile - Do we Need a Range Hood? - Must Find a REFRIGERATOR? Moving in 5 weeks, so grateful for any Help and Ideas, roseofblue

Comment (1)