SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilaryndillon

Need help with cheap kitchen update ideas that DONT involve paint

hilaryndillon
6 years ago

Hi guys, first of all any and all advice would be much appreciated! We are getting ready to close on our new house and I’m trying to find ways to update the kitchen that DONT involve painting cabinets (I would love to, but hubby says NO to it -right now- since he really likes wood look and I promised if we got the house I wouldn’t push it :) ) ANYWAY, we are at the top of our budget so no other major updates are going to happen right now, but we are planning on putting in some new lighting and some hardware on the cabinets, so any ideas on what might compliment honey-oak cabinets and black appliances would be great as it is not my favorite look otherwise and I am honestly at a loss as far as what colors would go nicely to help modernize ....

... And any other thoughts on very inexpensive updates or ways to make the kitchen more appealing (without paint!) for the time being would be great - I’ll attach a picture from the listing (please excuse the last owners clutter!) so you can have an idea of what I’m working with (sorry for the poor quality phone screenshot!)

Comments (23)