SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ks_toolgirl

You know you have a flip-flopped/remuddled house if..

ks_toolgirl
13 years ago

You know you bought a flipped/flopped/remuddled house if...

This is for VENTING! The stupid, ugly, lazy & often just plain DANGEROUS things P.O.'s have done to our homes. "Floppers" on purpose because they just wanted to cover-up what might make it difficult (or llegal!) to sell, homeowners because they didn't know better? Grrrr... ;-)

A few of mine...

You look around at the "new" walls & go crazy wondering where they're supposed to be.

You look up at the "freshly dropped" ceiling & wonder what's above it. (Then ask yourself if you REALLY want to know after you notice a very small piece of fallen plaster sticking down out of the vent cover. That was NOT there last week!).

You see all the badly done drywall tape coming loose from the new poorly-done walls... And look up at the same dropped ceiling & wonder... How "literal" is the term "dropped ceiling" going to be, & how much $ did they save on drywall screws?

You peel up glued utility room carpet, and are no longer surprised by anything those people did - not even seeing that they thought duct tape was a viable subfloor resource. (I have pics of that one!).

You daydream about finding the floppers & shaking them, yelling "Where are the rest of my freaking 7 1/4" baseboards from the downstairs?", until they burst into tears - admit they have them in storage - and offer to return them with all of the paint removed for you!

Geez - I could write a book! (Lol, perhaps you're all thinking I just did! Sorry, it is long, I know). I only have about 100 more, right off the top of my head.

Is it just me???

:-)

Comments (3)