SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
punamytsike

Lou, made my first pizza in the new place today...

punamytsike
12 years ago

As my son wanted pizza, I figured it is time to try to make some in my new place. I have 5-min bread dough in my refrigerator all the time, so that was what I was going to use for the crust, my question was how to actually bake the pizza. So I searched and came across Lou's description, how he does it. That was very helpful.

The first try was quit good but there is room for improvement and I have to learn the trick of this electric oven.

I baked the dough for about 10 minutes at 400, then added the sauce and little cheese, another few minutes and then added cooked pork, bacon, pineapple and more cheese. Cooked another 20 minutes. Like I said, overall it was good but the crust part was still too soggy, so I guess I need to bake the crust longer than 10 min or at higher temp. I do need to get an oven thermometer, as I suspect that this oven is not actually as hot as I think it should be. If I bake the crust longer, then I might be able to reduce the cooking time for the toppings, as at least this time, everything was precooked, so I would only need them to get hot and cheese melted.

So, anything else, I should consider? How long do you bake your crust, toppings, at what temp? Seems that there are lots of discussions of the recipes and methods of dough, but not that much how to actually bake the pie.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus