SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moo_

What's happened to me??? HELLP!!! :))

moo_
16 years ago

I was just driving along, minding my own business when- I saw it.

1850's georgian colonial.

I've never been even remotely drawn to old houses. They all smell like old musty antique stores which I also dispise. (I'm sure that I'm not making friends here, but bare with me)-

Anyhoo, I've known the house was there and for some unknown reason found myself at it's front door.

No- it's not for sale. And yet, here I stand, knocking on the door. Feeling giddy as a kid on Christmas morning!

It's too long of a story but I need to share it! I simply must have this house! I was invited in and further fell in love.

Short version is that it "might" be for sale in a few years. Until then I day dream about the black and white parkay floors, long columned porches, screen doors and opposing fireplaces.

I have this conviction that I am meant to be there.

I know I'm making no sense, so much of this I'm leaving out because it's so personal and odd. I'm not a sentimental person at ALL.

But, it's a house with such a pull. It has this uncanny "happy energy". I've driven by it for no less than 30 years never realizing it was just beyond the trees...

And still, I know that with all the impossibilites that lay before me, I KNOW that one day this house will be mine. Perhaps, if only because it is my intention to have it.

Thanks for listening. -Moo

Comments (11)