SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apoem

Revelation-- too much furniture

apoem
19 years ago

Ok. So my husband is gone for a week. I am using the opportunity to go through and get rid of and reorganize his life and mine a bit. I'm overstepping some of the bounds that I rarely step over out of respect for him.

And if you read my earlier post, I got rid of two bags of garbage. I think this is simply the fact that he really has a hard time throwing things away combined with his stashing tendencies. He stashes things here and there. TOday I found all sorts of reciepts in a file folder for the ham radio club. The reciepts? For carpeting for the cat box. Go figure.

Anyways. Although I got rid of a lot, it really wasn't as much as I expected. I thought there was more junk and clutter on his side of the bed.

In looking it all over though, I have come to the conclusion that we have too much furniture. Too many big pieces. HIs and Mine and ours all competing. I amhoping an addition with very little furniture bought will help. We have decided we are going to buy some big book cases. (I think we have decided and agreed on that- but sometimes what I think isn't what WE thought.). But other than that- we are going to use what furniture we have on hand.

I hope that helps. I hope we do our addition.

In the meantime, now what? Live with it as is? Put it in the shed or garage? We have a big big shed. Maybe get rid of some of it? See if I can rearrange it? (I doubt it though).

And as an added thought- have you had an revelations like this yourselves?

Ginger

Comments (3)