SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Please share what you think of my kitchen plans?

flynnnj
12 years ago

I included my plans in a previous message but I mixed them in with a bunch of photos which probably wasn't the best idea. So I'm posting them separately to try and make it easier to see them and give me your feedback. My kitchen looks so much bigger in the photos than it really is so I've added the size of the cabinets.

I'm staying within the footprint of the original kitchen. The soffit next to the refrigerator can be removed but the soffit over the stove wall needs to stay. After making many holes in the soffit, we found out it can be raised about 5" so it's not quite as bulky a look. I can vent the microwave to the outside.

The drawers next to the refrigerator will be 36" wide, not 33" and seem like they're 30" deep but I'm using a 24" drawer bank moved forward to give that area a more built-in look.

If anyone is hesitant about posting photos I can't rave enough about Buehl's directions. I've been lurking... it seems like forever ... and was totally scared to try and post photos so I could get your input. Now that I know how easy it really was I realize I've learned another good lesson in life. What we avoid tends to get bigger in our mind than it really is and we may lose out on lots of opportunities. So 'better late than never' and I'm looking forward to knowing what you think of the plans.

Here is a link that might be useful: IT WORKED!! Photos of Current Kitchen and New Plans

Comments (15)