SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

You're all invited.....

annie1992
13 years ago

OK, I know it doesn't hold the appeal of the "bedpan" thread, but I promised that I would invite everyone to Amanda and David's wedding, and so I will.

To keep it food related, we'll have dinner after. I have Sol's honey rolls cooling on the counter, some peanut butter cookies in the oven and Ann T's chocolate chip cookies in the refrigerator for baking tomorrow.

Anyway, here's your invitation!

{{!gwi}}

Annie

Comments (50)

• dirtundermyfingers
    13 years ago

I would love to come Annie :)But it is a little far to drive, but for your salsa it would almost be worth it:)

Stacie

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    13 years ago

"OK, I know it doesn't hold the appeal of the "bedpan" thread, ----"

That may be true, but yours is more inviting. :-)

Thank you for the invitation.Everyone in your household must be really excited and happy.

Good luck to all.

dcarch

• Related Discussions

You're all invited

Q

Comments (51)
    Working three jobs and on the road ALL my waking hours, or I would have been there in a heartbeat. Was thinking of you all week and weekend. Congratulations, Best Wishes for a long happy life together!! Have fun on your honeymoon! I know it will be a bittersweet time, but I hope you enjoyed yourselves in honor of your dad and have some good memories for the future. Lpink
    ...See More

My Thanksgiving (pictures)

Q

Comments (35)
    Deanna, click on Kathleen's link, there's the recipe. It's really pretty easy, The Princess made the ganache. I put the peanut butter fudge filling in a round cake pan lined with saran wrap and froze it, so I could just plop it on top of the cake layer and then cover it with ganache. It worked pretty well.... dcarch, it doesn't have the design elements of your table, but it was pretty darned good! Annie
    ...See More

Need help with party game ideas

Q

Comments (7)
    Well Debbie I guess I have enough games going on in my own brain to entertain me. I think your garden party with games is a grand way to get to know your neighbors, get shed of items you no longer need making other peoples lives easier for them and have fun all at the same time.
    ...See More

Planning kitchen remodel – need design advice please!

Q

Comments (14)
    damiarain and mama goose - thank you for those bold and beautiful layouts! You've found a graceful solution to a lot of my wishes. I'm on the fence about windows to the fridge/stove side of the house, because it faces our driveway and the neighbor's (not so attractive) yard and house. But the natural light would be wonderful! Great food for thought, thank you again. I'll have to check the space to see if there's room for dining table in kitchen. What's that great layout software you're using? rantontoo - We don't absolutely need two spaces to eat, and I had thought about shifting that door as you describe -- it would be between kitchen and DR. That way the traffic lane wouldn't go through the kitchen. I just couldn't figure out a good way to do that. Unfinished crawl space is underneath the whole main level where kitchen, etc. are.
    ...See More
  • lowspark
    13 years ago

If I lived nearby, I'd be there! I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful wedding, with a beautiful bride and a very proud mother of the bride. Best wishes to you all!!

• caliloo
    13 years ago

Congrats to the happy couple and a standing ovation to you for all the prep and planning!

Alexa

• lakemayor
    13 years ago

Thanks Annie for the invite. DH and I will be traveling the New England States during that time.

I wish Amanda and David a long happy life together. They are very lucky to have a family like yours who puts so much love and time into making the gifts and food for the reception.

You are awesome Annie.

Karen

• arabellamiller
    13 years ago

I am so happy for you and your family Annie! What a wonderful occasion and a beautiful way to celebrate their love and their future together.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

AM

• sally2_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks for the invitation, Annie! I wish I could come, but it's a bit too far. I wish the happy couple all the best!

Sally

• jude31
    13 years ago

Thank you for the invitation, Annie. I would love to be there for the wonderful occasion but it is a little too far.-) I know it will be beautiful and my best wishes to the happy couple.

Really looking forward to the pictures.

jude

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, I know it's a long way to travel for most members here, LOL. Still, you're welcome!

Elery has a son and DIL and 3 grandsons in California, his Dad and daughter live in Ohio, his brother and SIL in New York State and his sister and BIL in Tennessee. I don't think any of them are coming either. (grin)

but, regardless of circumstances, friends MUST be invited, and so my friends here cannot be left out!

Annie

• doucanoe
    13 years ago

Oh Annie, I know you will all have a lovely time!

Even tho I can't attend, you know I will be raising a glass of red to the happy couple. And another to you for all your hard work!

I know you will share pix with us so I'll be watching for them!

Linda

• jimster
    13 years ago

As with others, it would be a long trip for me. But not necessarily out of the question. You make all of us feel a part of your wonderful family. So, it's very tempting. Don't count me out yet.

Jim

• beachlily z9a
    13 years ago

Oh, Annie! Thank you so much, but it's a fur piece from FL to MI! I know you are working hard! It's going to be a lovely wedding with a beautiful bride, good looking groom and lovely mother of the bride! Please take time to relax or at least to take a deep breath!

• spacific
    13 years ago

Who knows, if Spirit Air has any $9 fares, you might see me there! If not, all my best to Amanda and David. May they continue a long and happy life together.

Ann

• canarybird01
    13 years ago

Darn you're such a long way away from here Annie!

But thank you anyway. I'll be there in spirit and sending my love to you all.

Am so looking forward to hearing all about it!

SharonCb

• bunnyman
    13 years ago

Hmmm... day after deer season opener. Is she getting married in a UP cabin? I'll see what the vacation calendar at work has on it. High probablility I can't... 1st shift is already crying over November vacation denials. Not many hunters on second shift so maybe... don't know until I look. Vacation approver type manager is probably going to slip out early being it is Friday.

Has ya got buckshot in case David gets cold feet? Somewhere I got a box of double-ought if you need a couple. Seems like a nice guy... maybe we should load a couple rock salt rounds so he gets a second chance to do the right thing.

My best wishes will be there in any case!

: )
    lyra

• obxgina
    13 years ago

Oh Annie, I would love to come, your parties are the best! I'll be there in spirit and will toast the happy couple and her awesome mom!
    May they have a long and happy life together!
    Congrats to everyone!
    Gina

• colleenoz
    13 years ago

Would love to come, especially now that our dollar is almost at parity with the US dollar! Sadly though it's a bit far and I probably don't have time to get a visa.
    Wish the happy couple well from me and I hope their day goes swimmingly!

• readinglady
    13 years ago

Gosh, I wish I could be there. All my best to the happy couple. I know the beautiful invitation is just a hint of how lovely the wedding will be.

I can't wait for the pictures.

Carol

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

Roger and I will be there with bells on Annie!

• User
    13 years ago

Thank you for the invitation. Strange thing in this day & age, is that I know you are sincere in extending it to all of us. Imagine if we all showed up!!

Back to reality...Best wishes to the couple and I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy the time.

Love & Best,
    Anne

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sherry, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Roger, with or without bells!

Anne, you know I mean this invitation sincerely and will be happy to see anyone that could manage to make it. If everyone showed up, the food would be even better, LOL, because I'd give everyone a shot at the kitchen!

Jim, if you come, be sure to introduce yourself, heck, you might blend right in with one family or another. (grin)

Michael, my dear. Wrong month. If you mean rifle season, that's November, this is October. And bow season already started. Come on over. Watch out for deer.

Many of you will be there in "spirit" through your recipes, your gifts and your thoughts.

Oh, and SharonCB, remember the lovely lacy hankies you sent me that Ashley and Amanda carried when I married Elery? One of those is Amanda's "borrowed", so that's two family weddings. We'll wait for Ashley...

Ann/spacific, I'll be hoping for those $9 fares!

Colleen, sorry about the short notice. I just know that you'd have applied for that Visa on time if you'd known. (grin) Heck, you could have sung a duet with Ashley!

Annie

• Terrapots
    13 years ago

Thank for the invitation and I would love to attend. But, it is at my busy busy time, end of a quarter. It was sweet of you to invite us all. Best wishes to the bride and groom, it sounds like a lovely wedding. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories. Best of luck to you, don't work too hard, try to enjoy yourselves and from someone who has overseen 5 weddings, don't worry about anything, it's never productive. Cheers!

• User
    13 years ago

Congrats to the happy couple, and I know the food is going to be absolutely wonderful. :o)

• mustangs81
    13 years ago

Thank you for the invitation; I will be there virtually.

I know you will have all the elements for a beautiful and fun occasion.

Cathy

• compumom
    13 years ago

Thank you for including us in one more special event in your family's lives. I feel as if I know everyone personally and will definitely be with you in spirit! I know that this will be a warm and wonderful event. Amanda is very lucky to have a Mom like you!
    Ellen

• BeverlyAL
    13 years ago

Thank you for the invitation Annie. I know it will be a beautiful and happy time and I will definitely be there in spirit.

Beverly

• maddielee
    13 years ago

Congratulations to all!

Annie, take the time to enjoy the events....

ML (lurker who has learned lots from you)

• pkramer60
    13 years ago

If Sherry is wearing bells, that mean I have to leave mine at home so we don't look alike? (Wonder where she will have them)

I will be there and I am bringing Dad along too!

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

Peppi...TWO bells. And they are gonna be big ones. Guess where I am wearing them?

• bri29
    13 years ago

Congrats to you all! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time especially with your kind invitation to your forum friends. Love ya!

Bri

• pat_t
    13 years ago

Wow, Annie - I'm honored! You always manage to include us as if we are family.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to decline the invitation.

But I really appreciate it!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

pat, you are ARE family and people whose company I enjoy. Like all "families", we have our differences and our personality conflicts, but in the end, we're all family.

Hooray, Peppi, I'm so looking forward to seeing you and your Dad. You can let him sit and talk to my Mother, but keep him away from my StepMom!!!

Annie

• jessyf
    13 years ago

Well at least two of the CF contingent will be there (Peppi and Sherry, bring cameras!) to report all the goings on after cocktail hour.

Would love to make it but we can't either!

(Annie, who didn't proof read the invitation? LOL!)

• bunnyman
    13 years ago

That's what I get for speed reading. Vacation approver was indeed on "vacation". I'll check Monday.

: )
    lyra

• lorijean44
    13 years ago

Annie, just make sure to take a few minutes to ENJOY everything. It will all go by in a blur, so set a clock to tell you to stop for a few minutes and take it all in!

I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time. Best wishes to the happy family -

Lori

• loves2cook4six
    13 years ago

Annie, you are so sweet. I would love to join you, and will in spirit, but I have to decline due to a huge family celebration of our own - my niece's Bat Mitzvah. So October 16th will be extra special.

I really look forward to seeing all the pictures. Sherry and Peppi - that will be your job as I am sure Annie will be rushed off her feet. Oh, and you too can also make sure she isn't rushed off her feet. :)

Annie, remember to take some time out and ENJOY THIS SPECIAL OCCASION.

I'll miss you but know you're going to have the best day!!!

• dedtired
    13 years ago

Aw, I hate to miss a chance to party with the White Cloud gang -- maybe even play a few party games? I do wish Amanda and David a lifetime of happiness. Thanks for the invitation!

• daylilydayzed
    13 years ago

Thank you for the invitation but I will not be able to come.I would like to wish Amanda and David a long and happy marriage.

• lakemayor
    13 years ago

Annie, I just want to repeat what loves2cook4six stated. Take time and really enjoy the occasion. I know with my son's wedding, it was a blur it went so quickly. All the planning and preparing and in a heartbeat it's over. So treasure every minute you can on that special day. I wish I could be there too, with Sherry and Peppi representing to CF friends.

Karen

• gemini40
    13 years ago

Annie I have visited this CF many many times, and you responded to a question I had at one time and it was much appreciated.
    I can tell by the phenominal recipes and pictures of the meals you and Elery have prepared that this is going to be one terrific wedding.
    Congratulations to your daughter and her soon to be hubby and as others have said Annie...sit back relax and take it all in. because it's over before you know it.

\ June

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jessica, I didn't even see the invitations until after they were printed and I was handed a dozen or so to send to friends.

David's sister, Deanna, printed and assembled them all and they were mailed. Elery didn't really care, which was a good thing, since it was too late.

Annie

• lsr2002
    13 years ago

Annie, thank you for including all of us in your invitation to the wedding. I wish I could be there, and will be in spirit. I do send my very best wishes for a long and happy life together for Amanda and David and their children.

I know it will be very special and I'm looking forward to your sharing pictures and the event with us.

Lee

• lakeguy35
    13 years ago

Thanks Annie! I guess Amada survived Ashley's "hen party" a few weeks back. Congrats again to David and Amanda. I know it will be a great day for everyone.

Hope the DJ stays dry....lol!

David

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, DAvid, you could come on up and take on that duty!

Annie

• riverrat1
    13 years ago

We would love to attend! Thank you!
    Sadly will not be able to be there. I do want to wish Amanda, David, Monkey Princess and Bruver a wonderful life filled with happiness, joy and love, all of which I'm sure they already have.

One down Annie! Only one more to go! LOL!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh dear, RR, don't remind me. amanda is the laid back one, Ashley is going to be high maintenance, I just cringe when I think of how many times I'm going to have to tell her "no"...

Annie

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

Annie, Alice is just as high maintenance as Ashley. Perhaps we can plan a double wedding and share the "no" duty. That we each only have to say it half as often.

• jojoco
    13 years ago

What a lovely gesture, Annie. Even more so because I know it is heartfelt.
    I'll be heading to PA that weekend, but will definitely hold you in my thoughts.

Jo

• lakeguy35
    13 years ago

I don't think they would know a lot of music collection. : ) But it would be fun that's for sure!

David

• KatieC
    13 years ago

Ah for a transporter...'Beam me over Scottie'...

On the 16th I will be planting garlic and thinking of you.

Congrats to Amanda and David.