SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

Need A Pep Talk!

kittiemom
18 years ago

I need to get motivated again. My house is a wreck. We've had lots going on. I changed jobs five weeks ago. It was a very difficult decision for me. Even though the job is much closer to home & pays more, I almost backed out of the decision several times. I really liked the people where I worked before & liked the job in general. There was a lot of stress for various reasons, which was my main motivation for going to another job. I obviously don't expect to find a job with no stress, but this wasn't just everyday job stress.

I knew that I'd be under a lot of stress when I changed. I'm having to learn a completely new industry (switching from service to manufacturing is a big change), new accounting software, and using accrual accounting vs. cash. I'm familiar with accrual concepts, but I've never used it in a "real-life" setting. So, while I'm trying to impress my new boss, I've made mistakes, some of them really stupid mistakes that I'd like to kick myself for. I know everyone makes mistakes, but I tend to worry about things like that & bring these issues home, which I think is a big part of my problem.

I thought that I'd get more done at home because of being closer, but I haven't. I usually come home & sit down for "a few minutes" to unwind. Of course, this ends up being more than a few minutes & I don't get anything accomplished. I've gotten a little done on weekends, but not much. My house is a mess - there are laundry baskets in the den, there's junk on the coffee table, the nightstands & dresser, a load of stuff for charity in the dining room that I need to arrange to have picked up - you get the picture.

Come on, guys, I need some encouragement!

Greta

Comments (3)