SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgsd_gw

Need a pep talk... bathroom remodel woes

kgsd
14 years ago

We are about 75% done with our bathroom remodel, where we've changed almost everything. I've made all of the design decisions and much of the work has been DIY. I'm starting to be unhappy with some of my decisions. The two biggest ones are:

1. I chose to use kitchen cabinets for the vanities so we'd have more options. However, after we installed the frames I realized these are too high and too deep. I'm short and have to push my stomach into the counter to reach the medicine cabinets.

2. I didn't realize we couldn't drill holes in the Americast tub for the faucets, which I wanted to do so the faucet could be on the front corner of the tub. Instead the faucet has to go into the tiny tub deck. The tub runs right up to the vanity cabinets, so to reach the faucet you have to reach around the side of the cabinet. (Tub deck top and vanity countertops are not installed yet.)

I don't know if I'm looking for advice on these specific items, or just a general "hang in there", or even someone else's story of something that ended up growing on them. I guess I could use a pep talk! Do you have any words of wisdom for me?

The silver lining is that we also have a kitchen remodel to do in a year or so. At least we've done the bathroom first, and have learned that we're going to hire a pro to do the design work there!

Comments (6)