SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigglestwo_gw

Need help with bathroom remodeling grout issue..

Gigglestwo
11 years ago

I am having an issue with our bathroom grout and am looking for advice and any guidance on this issue.

We recently remodeled our bathroom and decided on using the wood tile planks . Found a lot of great information on this forum and a few others on placing the wood tile planks. Picked our contractor/handyman who had a tile guy he recommended we use. We went with the black walnut porcelain wood tile from lowes . We used unsanded sable brown polyblend grount with 1/8 joints . Really wanted to use expresso epoxy grout, but tile guy talked us out of this one. Once grout was placed, it was lighter in certain areas (had originally spoke with both parties of all our concerns in making sure the grout would be as dark or darker than the tile planks). Expressed our concern to contractor who spoke with tile guy about the issues we were having. Tile guy decides we needed to clean area with water and vinegar mix and see how it looked after cleaning. This did not help at all! Proceeded to voice our concerns again about grout, in the meantime contractor is finishing up painting walls etc over the next several weeks. Tile guy who originally did the job is now unavailable. After our constant talking about grout with contractor/handyman he decides he will fix the grout himself, he placed the PAINT we used on our cabinets in the grout. Once we discover that paint has been used my husband calls and again expresses our concerns with this slop job. He lets my husband know that he spoke with a gentlemen at the tile store who recommended this technique and said if we didn't like it he would try something else. So, today he decides to use the miniwax WOOD FINISH stain marker. I am totally freaking out on all this. Has anyone ever heard of these techniques being used. I know he is trying to do a quick fix . He is wanting his last part of payment. Do not know what else to do!!! Sorry for this long post, but I am frustrated this is still going on. I would say this may be okay procedure for someone wanting to change grout color on old grout to liven it up and cut cost, but this is a new floor!

This post was edited by Gigglestwo on Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 7:42

Comments (11)