SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bullydosmom

Need another pep talk.

bullydosmom
10 years ago

Ok I'm the one with the big wall of blue paneling. Today I got 2 coats on the ceiling and one on the walls. I had BM mix the ceiling paint a quarter of the paneling color. It's a very soft creamy ivory. The walls are Palladian blue. I have been telling myself all afternoon as I was painting to reserve judgement until 2 coats of paint are on and dried. Tomorrow I will do #2 on the walls i had to stop my neck is killing me.

I'm dissapointed at this point. It looks beautiful in the dormer window and on the west wall. But the east wall ,where the dormer window is looks soooooo dark. The south wall while dark looking isn't as bad. I'm trying to tell myself it's because today there is zero sunshine here in CT it's rainy and gloomy and I have no lighting in the room.

After the second coat and the sun comes out and it's still too dark what's going to happen if I mix say, 1 quart of white with 3 quarts of Palladian? Will I have a lighter version of Palladian or a totally different color?

I'm beginning to think that the same colors in different parts of the country can look totally different because of the sun. And I'm not liking it's color as much as I love it in my bathroom in Florida.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!