SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frmrsdghtr_gw

In need of a pep talk - halfway through painting my KC :(

frmrsdghtr
12 years ago

I obsessed over the color. I promised my hubby I would not ask for any help from him during his busiest season of the year. I promised I would not expect a $250 paint job on my cabinets to transform my old kitchen into a $50,000 magazine worthy kitchen. And I got to work. And I'm still working on it 4 weeks later. And I'm sick of spending my evenings painting since it's the only time I can do it with my toddlers in bed. My kitchen is in my bedroom and in my bathroom and in my kids' room.

I have three coats of primer on everything. Two coats of white on the insides. Two coats of gray on the cabinet frames. I need to finish the doors.

Help - is the color okay? I keep thinking it looks like a sterile warehouse and not a comfy kitchen. I was going for a gray-green. But it looks very gray to me. The pictures look greenish but I don't think it's an accurate portrayal of the color.

The grain is showing up like crazy. The frames are okay - I don't really mind the look - but the doors are extra grainy. Is there anything I can do about them now - with all the primer already on them?

I want to love my kitchen.

Before Pic:

As Is:

See the grain?

It's much worse up close.

I know in the grand scheme of world events this is not a big deal. But... I really wanted a kitchen I could be proud of after all this work. :(

Comments (31)