SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginam_oh

Great provenance! Some interior pics of the house we just bought

ginam_oh
18 years ago

I posted a few weeks back that the closing went as planned and that DH and I are the proud new owners of a fabulous house. Well, here's a little more back story on it. I think I already mentioned that it's been in the same family since it was built. I don't remember if I mentioned that we bought it and the entire contents, so any furniture you see in the pictures now also belongs to us. :)

We've come across some fascinating stuff:

a wedding invitation from 1891

Valentine's day cards from 1864

buttons from every era imagineable, saved in an ancient cigar box

box upon box of costume jewelry (about which we know less than nothing)

the house's original shutters (found those in the garage)

what may be some of the original windows....we'll need to do some measuring to verify that

Anyway, here are some pictures. Hope you like them! It's kind of tough to get decent pictures of the interior because the rooms are fairly large. Looks like I should get a decent wide-angle lens for the ol' camera.

This is a nice view of the front of the place:

{{gwi:1395797}}

This is the parlor:

{{gwi:2003794}}

The dining room:

{{gwi:1396360}}

The drawing room:

{{gwi:2003795}}

The kitchen, which I absolutely LOVE because no one has come in and messed it all up!

{{gwi:1395798}}

The big bedroom (about 19x17)

{{gwi:2003796}}

We've been spending some quality time working to conserve paper items so that once the house is re-inhabited, all the moisture from our breath and daily life will not harm it. It's a job and a half, but we really want to do it the right way.

Gina

Comments (15)