SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slflaherty

Please help me organize my kitchen!

slflaherty
11 years ago

We recently moved into this house, and I'm having a very hard time getting the kitchen to function properly. In our old kitchen, it seemed like everything belonged where it ended up. That's definitely not the case here. In our new kitchen, we have a lot more drawers and fewer cabinets. We have two smallish cabinets on either side of the stove that we are trying to shove our pots and pans in, and every time I open those cabinets they come toppling out.

We also have one of those tall cabinets beside the fridge that I would normally use as a pantry, but we have a separate pantry off the kitchen, so we really have no idea what to put in there. There are 2 minor issues with this tall cabinet. Number one, when you open the cabinet door you are faced with a custom spice rack that goes from the top of the cabinet all the way to the bottom, so to get into the rest of the cupboard, you have to swing the spice rack out of the way (like a door). The second issue is that this cabinet only has 1 shelf, so it kind of looks like a broom closet with a teeny tiny shelf at the top. There is a lot of wasted space in there. Because of the spice rack, you almost feel like you are obligated to put baking stuff in there (or other "spice related" products), but the reality is, we don't use the baking stuff very often, and because this cabinet is right in the kitchen as opposed to down the hall in the pantry, we would like to put stuff in there that we would actually use on a regular basis.

My kitchen feels chaotic and I'm at a complete loss with how to fix it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)