SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webe_gw

Help me re: slide out/roll out drawers

webe
15 years ago

I moved into a home with a recently remodeled kitchen and I am looking for assistance re: a pantry cabinet issue.

They are custom cabinets one on top of the other - Both 36" wide and about 24 inches deep. The Bottom one is about 46 inches high and the upper is about 42 inches high. The previous owner only had adjustable 1/2 shelves put in these cabinets so they only are about 9" deep, at the back of the cabinet and the rest of the cabinet is wasted space. I checked into adding roll out trays but after reading the measuring and installation instructions on the Slide Out shelves site they don't recommend using the drawers in a wide pantry with no shelf to mount to. Any suggestions on this or another site that does recommend using thier slide out shelves in this situation? I am also unable to find a pull out pantry system (wood) that would fit these cabinets. I found one but the system is too tall and won't fit in the size cabinets I have.

I thought of having DH cut me shelves the depth of the cabinet so that I could mount the roll out shelves on them but how would I secure the shelves to the cabinets without screwing into the side of the cabinet from the outside which would show the screw.

Suggestions needed, welcome.

Comments (7)