SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_houser

Roll outs and drawers

Melissa Houser
15 years ago

I'm still working on my plan for my kitchen re-design, but have a couple of questions for those with roll-outs in bottom cabinets.

My kitchen is a 10 foot long galley, with a door to the garage at one end and an opening to the dining room at the other end. My lower cabinets will be as follows: Sink side, one 32 inch wide shallow drawer stack (for towels, silverware, vac sealer, stick mixer, etc.), then a trash pull-out to the left of that, with the sink cabinet and dishwasher taking up the rest of the cabinets on that side.

The other side, where the stove will be, will have a 24 inch wide set of 3 drawers, two deep and one shallow (pots and pans and utensils), then the stove and finally a 36 inch wide lower cabinet with 3 doors and roll outs behind each door.

My question is what do you use roll-outs to hold? I have a pantry (just outside the kitchen) for canned goods and other assorted food items. I'm not sure if roll-outs are good for things like small appliances (mixer, food processor, juicer) or for seldom-used serving trays and such.

Comments (22)