SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdionnemoore_gw

Samsung 237 CD FD is lovely (x-post to kitchen)

14 years ago

This is not necessarily a kitchen post, but it does involve a CD FD fridge that I'm sure some of you are considering. Mine was delivered, very well wrapped, yesterday. I purchased her through Abe's of Maine (online), pretty much sight unseen. I did go over to Best Buy to check out the Samsungs there, but they did not have a CD in stock.

I had to have a CD because our wall of cabs was built for a CD refrigerator, namely the F&P ADUX that turned out to be an absolute piece of junk. But that's another story.

As soon as I unwrapped (and it was wrapped GREAT!) and untaped all the tape, I just couldn't believe some of the wonderful touches. A thin tilt out drawer in teh freezer, the automatic roll out drawer in the freezer is deep and leaves enough room in the main freezer compartment for larger frozen items, such as a ham or turkey or pork roast. (I have a separate freezer).

The refrigerator section is something to behold. THe lights are LED, it has, of course, the dual compressors, ice and water through the door, and blue read out on the control panel on the front of the refrigerator. THe interior has two slide-out shelves, one large cool pantry and two very nice sized (compared to the F&P) veggie bins. One thing I especially like about the cool pantry is that you can adjust the internal temp based on what you have in that drawer. Nice. There is also a shelf that is split and rolls back to make room for extra tall items (2-liters or such).

My first impressions are very positive but since we did not get the refrigerator into place yet and have not connected the water line, I'll add to my impressions on Saturday. By then I should have a first batch of ice and been able to try out the water dispenser. TOo, I did not take off the external film covering the SS surface since we don't have the refrigerator in place yet, so only after removing that will I comment on the SS surface.

Stay tuned. . .

Comments (3)