SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shirleyinadirondacks

The Pantry/Laundry Room

hi

my pantry/laundry room is just off the kitchen. It's not a big room but it has room for a pantry on one whole wall, side/side refrig & freezer, recycling center on the second and on the thrid wall stackable washer/dryer and cupboard for storage for laundry etc.

my problem, I'm allergic to dust and just out of the hospital with pnemonia and an asthma attack, oh don't forget the sinsus infection. Excuses, excuses!! Anyway, my DD, Tanya came over to wash everything down and get rid of the dust. naturally, while cleaning she orgnized everything. She threw out a lot of containers that I was keeping for ??. I told her they had to be hid or her father would take them out of the garbage to save. He saves even more than I do.

The day I came home from the hospital I wanted to make chili but I couldn't find any beans so I made goulash instead. Tanya found six reg, sized cans of kidney beans and one large can. She said "Ma, you don't ever have to buy canned peaches again." Yep, she found six large cans of peaches. (What is it with the number six?)

She also found three and a half two-lb bags of confectionery sugar. She took two bags home with her. I'm diabetic and really don't need the extra sugar.

then she got into my recipes which are stored on the shelves of the recycling center. She wanted me to go thru them right there but I chickened out. I don't know what she did but even with the mess I had there, she neatened it up. Is that a word?

My laundry /pantry really looks nice. And my kid is a blessing. She babies me when I need it and gets ruthless when I need that too.

together we filled a large box of stuff to take to the reuse center. And my DH didn't save anything out of the box

shirley

Comments (7)