SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gr82bgrammy

Farmhouse butler's pantry wall almost done

gr82bgrammy
15 years ago

One wall of our DIY farmhouse butler's pantry/laundry room is almost done. DH built the cabinets and doors to match the existing cabs. in our original kitchen.

Close up of hinge. I wanted hinges to match the kitchen cabinets but all I could find in that shape were surface mount flat hinges in a shiny nickel plating so...DH and I "customized" them to get the right look and shape. He had to bend the hinge to make it offset and cut off the third hole and shape each of the bent sides before we could even get started on getting the finish right.

I still need to fill the old jars with pantry staples and load the cabinets with food. I'm going to paint the walls green, I think SW Svelt Sage.

I've got to make the feet for the two cabinet bases on each side of the Dishwasher. Eventually DH will make a door panel that matches the upper cabinets for the dishwasher and I'll add a small iron towel bar for the handle.

{{!gwi}}

Close up of bin pull. I found these but they only came in a rusty brown finish, so I "customized" them with a few coats of black satin paint and a little silver rub-n-buff on the detail. Finished them with a clear matte spray.

Those changes will pretty much finish up this side of the pantry. On another wall we will add a sink. We've alread purchased a single bowl with the back built into it for this spot, but the bowl of it isn't very pretty :( It has pits and a few rust stains, but we are thinking of having it reglazed. We will use a wall mount bridge faucet similar to the original one in the kitchen.

What do you think? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Terry

Comments (19)