SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colo_lady

Help!! with soggy peach pie (pretty please)

colo_lady
15 years ago

Hi Friends! I had a situation come up and I immediately thought someone in here would surely have a resolution.

I have a lovely old peach tree. Some years the blossoms freeze off and I get no peaches, and last year I had a bore of some kind and couldn't use any of the peaches. This year the tree bore a lot of fruit. So the other day I made three peach pies. They all ended up with soggy bottom crusts and were somewhat soggy in the middle and I have no idea what went wrong, unless perhaps the peaches were just too dang juicy or something. In the recipe I used:

4-5 cups of fresh ripe peaches (sliced)

1 tsp lemon juice

1 cup sugar

¼ cup regular flour

¼ tsp cinnamon

2 TBS butter

I baked it long enough and put foil around the edges for the last 10 minutes so the crust wouldn't burn. Most of the top crust was perfect. Is it possible there wasn't enough flour?? Sheesh - all the recipes called for this amount and I've made peach pies before and never had this problem.

Ideas? Suggestions?? Thanks in advance for any insight you might have... I have more peaches but am afraid to make more soggy pies!! I prefer pie to cobbler but am wondering if that's the way to go.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County