SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Color help for son's b-day please (pics)

oceanna
16 years ago

My son's birthday is Thursday.

I told him I would paint his LR/DR/Kitch for him and I'll probably end up doing his hallway too (it's all open/connected). All his paint is currently "Navaho white."

Here is a picture of his living room. The loveseat is staying for now. The lamp is staying. The fireplace can be redone. The chair to the extreme left isn't his and won't stay forever. He would like the little aqua chair re-covered or slipcovered in green. I bought him a pretty deep olive green cover for it but need to take it in as it's too big. He seems to move the furniture around frequently, so please ignore that. His trim is all wood right now and there are wood blinds on his front window. I am not sure if he'd want it turned white, so whatever paint I pick out should look good with the wood trim for now. His fireplace color can and will be changed.

{{gwi:1586214}}

Here is a picture of his kitchen. I would love to see the kitch cabs painted white and/or at least the counters replaced. He hasn't felt inspired to replace them (no matter how I've tried to encourage it) and doesn't want to decorate in blue. I'll bet if his cabs ever get painted white it will be because I did it. He says "do what you want" and "surprise me." He doesn't want to talk about decorating. I figure maybe if I make some big changes he'll get a bit inspired at the possibilities and see that he needs to do some work (like his kitchen/DR floor needs replacing). I'm hoping!

{{gwi:1586217}}

He likes green very much and rust as an accent and would like those in his LR/DR.

I asked him to pick out some paint colors he liked from the LR thread in the gallery.

Here is what he picked:

{{gwi:1530970}}

{{gwi:1530973}}

{{gwi:1530977}}

{{gwi:1530996}}

Now to me, #1 and #4 are golds. So I had him look at the golds thread in the Gallery and he said "none of those." Getting an opinion from him is like pulling hen's teeth, but if I dig enough I find out he's actually very opinionated. He also said he didn't like anything in the reds thread.

He kept saying he wanted "burnt orange." I think that would be a big mistake, at least as I understand the color... but I can see him being very happy with something like picture #2 and I don't have a clue what color that might be.

Can you please make specific paint color suggestions for me to investigate? Or even photoshop something? I would like to see his space warmed up and be a little brave, but still neutral enough that if he decides to resale he won't need to repaint, if that's possible -- however, looking good now takes precedence. Help? Thanks!

Comments (39)