SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Something Bad, Something Good

donna_loomis
11 years ago

On January 18th, as I was traveling home from work, my car was rear-ended by a gal who later told the CHP that she just looked down at her radio for a second and when she looked up, there I was. She sent me and my car over a 300-foot embankment. The back window popped out and my car rolled over onto the roof and I slid down the embankment upside down and backward. Basically, the car became a giant shovel and dirt was being pulled into the car like mad. I even had dirt in my ears, LOL. At the bottom of the embankment the car rolled back onto its wheels. It was pretty scary, but miracle of miracles, I had no broken bones and not a drop of blood left my body. Since I basically slid down the slope (thank God it was a grassy slope and not rocky) on my head, my scalp itched and burned for a couple of weeks after the accident. I did have whiplash and some colorful bruising and scratches on my left shoulder and the spot where my neck meets my back, left knee,and left wrist, but that's about it. I only missed two days of work, and DH has been driving me to work since then. He wanted me to stay home longer, but I can't afford not to work, so "hey ho, hey ho, it's off to work I go".

The kicker is that the 27 year-old gal who hit me not only didn't have insurance, but didn't have a drivers license!

We are still waiting for our insurance company to pay up, but I decided I needed to get back in the driver's seat, so I got my new car on Sunday. And since I believe my 2004 Hyundai Elantra played a large part in my lack of injuries, I absolutely wanted another.

And okay, I'm so tickled with my new car that I wanted to share it with all of my pals at the table.

The old car:

The new car:

Comments (35)