SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

I'm lost on window treatments. Help ... please!

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

I'm not a window treatment person. The only window treatments in our house are the nice roman shades in the kitchen that came with the house and the linen drapes I had in the old bedroom.

We're coming to the end of our renovation and it's time for me to start thinking seriously about window treatments for the master bedroom.

Please ignore the bedding (I haven't put the duvet cover on yet), the dirty windows (I haven't cleaned the construction dust off them), and the fact that I don't have the grills on the windows yet. Right now I'm just looking for ideas on what KIND of window treatments would be best ... I'll worry about colors later.

These windows face east. Privacy is not an issue. A moderate amount of light control would be nice. Key to this is to keep any disturbance of the view to a minimum ... we ripped half the house down and rebuilt it to get that view!

There won't be any furniture underneath those windows so drapes would be an option, but the windows are quite high off the floor so the drapes would be covering a lot of wall as well.

Here is the other window in the room (southern exposure). We're having built-ins built for basically the entire wall, around the window with a window seat below it, so about the only window treatment that will work here is a roman shade. Therefore, another option for the other windows would be the same roman shades to keep a uniform look.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance! I love having a place like this to go for brainstorming.

Comments (13)