SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Need Preschool Snack- Jello, Healthy?

nostalgicfarm
14 years ago

I am the first mommy to take a preschool snack to our classroom for the year. It is not my kids birthday, so I don't want to do anything too unhealthy like cookies or cupcakes, but I do want to do something that makes it onto the "What did you do in preschool today list". I am making the snack for 13 kids and 2 teachers, so not that bad. It needs to be completely assembled at my home and ready to consume in class.

I am thinking about making a "Jello Aquarium". You use a see-through cup and make up blue colored jello. Then use some sort of gummy fish, although fish sprinkles would be really cool.

I likely wouldn't use "sugar free" jello because usually the sugar-free stuff is loaded with other stuff I don't want in my kiddos bellies. Also, I don't think that these 3 year olds need to be consuming low fat products.

Do you think Jello would be considered healthy enough for a kids snack? I usually consider it more of a treat, and our snacks our more fruit/veggies. Not very exciting!

If you don't consider it healthy enough for a 3 year olds snack, any other cool suggestions?

Thanks so much

Comments (19)