SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Organizing my pantry

marie26
19 years ago

I have a 6 foot wide pantry with two doors that open in the center. There are 5 shelves. The top shelf holds my cookbooks and the 1st shelf holds all of my containers that I use for freezing, etc. plus some trays. The floor holds some of my small appliances and baskets with potatoes and onions in them.

I originally had like items on trays but I ended up using these trays in my bathroom when I organized that. But even when they were on trays, I didn't keep this up whenever I purchased new items because the tray was already full.

So, I was thinking of buying movable dividers for the shelves and I could put like items within each divider such as baking supplies, packaged side dishes, soups, etc.

For packages that have resealable ziploc closures, do you use these or do you put the contents into containers when you open the package? I'd love to buy nice glass jars for these items but I don't want to spend too much money right now, especially since I do have plastic containers I can use.

How do you organize your pantry? I have such a large one that I don't want to have to redo every month because I don't keep it up.

Comments (6)