Houzz Logo Print

Any cake decorators out there?

14 years ago

Good Morning,

The other day I was in Sam's and they have a caramel cake in their bakery that looks out of this world. I noticed on the top of the cake they had big swirls of chocolate whip cream and I asked the lady in the bakery if they did make the cakes there and what type of decorating tip did she use for the top of the cake. You wouldn't believe this but the lady had an extra tip and gave it to me. That was so nice of her. It is an Ateco 828 tip. It's quite large and I went to several stores and cannot find a coupler for this. Any possibility I could use this tip without the coupler? I have a pie recipe that I share with friends and thought this decorating tip for the top of my pie would be perfect. Thanks for your help.

Comments (14)