SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajard

please help.. door sample in. cant pick color of cabinet

ajard
14 years ago

Hello... I am so STUCK! my door came in , I chose a color called Divinity from Mouser. It is a soft white , but not linen. Not sure how to describe it. It goes beautifully with danby and calcutta marbles, but I am NOT splurging for them. I am going with a bianco carrara. I am concerned that I need to choose a WHITER cabinet if I use carrara. My floors are wood, the last 30 inches of my peninsular will be end grain walnut 3inch counter and the desk top will be edge grain walnut. I have a brick fireplace at the end of the room too. My house style is a farm ranch. Will the pure white look best with the carrara ( 2 inch) or will it be too stark and not warm enough for the room. I dont get much light in here. I am using satin nickel pulls, knobs and latches.. well I LOVE latches so I may just put them over the desk cabinets. I may splurge for the modernair ps26 similar in color to katieobs hood.. still not sure.. but must pick a cabinet color so they can start production! I am attaching photos of the door in divinity that I came in yesterday and sample of walnut, bianco carrara and a Alpine white chip next to a divinity chip and door... Also is photos of the room as it is now at night and messy.. excuse the mess please!!!

WOuld appreciate any input. I LOVE Katieobs kitchen and I know that is BM Dove white.. but I have not gone yet to see what that looks like in comparision to my divinity white.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy80/ajard/Kitchen%20Cabinet%20Color%20Choices/

Comments (18)