SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.

User
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while now.)

What a difference.
We’re happy with the new look.

No close up of the faux roman shade because it's still not finished. I’m
debating trim and may alter it a bit.
I’m using 4 tensions rods at the moment, but am considering just sewing
the folds in place since this will be a stationary shade. If I were to redo this (and I’m seriously
considering it), I’d make one out of a mini blind and use blackout
liner behind so you wouldn't see the few remaining slats. Lots of great tutorials on this. (I did use a blackout liner on mine.)

I talked about possibly adding square tin panels behind the stove and trimming it out. I also considered adding glass to the stove area. The specs don’t call for anything and I like the clean look of just the beadboard for now. If we would have added glass there wouldn’t be an easy way to repaint. It just didn’t seem like a good long term idea.

I painted the beadboard the same color as the walls. The room is north facing and I can actually see the blue from the light in the early morning mainly under the cabinets. It’s amazing how it looks so very different from the other walls this time of day. I also don’t love the color the under cabinet lighting changes the paint to. I think the room could benefit from a slightly deeper and more red beige. I’m not repainting right now, but my sample of BM Stone House (that I never even bothered to check before) looks good.

I’m still not concerned about any damage to the beadboard long term. I’ve found it helpful, and it’s probably smart, to stick a hand towel behind the area if I’m hand washing any dishes.

I’m keeping the antique brass hardware for now. I think I’d like a satin nickel just fine too.

I'd like to add a shiny, pretty faucet. The new one won't have a filter attached.

I’m going to add back wood corbels. I’m thinking these in oak. I just need to order some. I have a feeling it will never get done if I don't take care of it soon.

Comments (66)

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I do have some different styles going on. Oh my, I wasn't really aiming for farmhouse. Since everything's been completed I have found myself wondering if I should have asked for backsplash ideas. I didn't want tile, like beadboard and thought it was more interesting than wall. However, it ended up the same color as the wall anyhow. And ohmygosh! the heavy, industrial adhesive that was used will probably trash the drywall as bad as tile would have. I'm just not going to think much about it since we're going to leave it.

Interesting. I was looking at color and names for that light and missed the price different and energy star rating. I think you're right.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The sea gull ones says,

• Includes 12" (1') of chain and 120" (10') of brown wire

So.... why am I seeing a long rod? What am I missing?

• Related Discussions

Please help us pick out our new kitchen appliance

Q

Comments (2)
    Just saw your post, hope this isn't too late. We're in a similar situation - new construction, narrowing down our appliance selection. We have a while yet, framing is barely underway. Our builder includes a $3500 budget (GE mid-range), not including fridge, and gets some very deep discounts from a local store that has beaten every online price I've seen by at least 15%. We are planning to add $3k - $4k of our own money (pre-tax) and get nice, functional, but not top-of-the-line stuff. Your selections are somewhat similar to ours so far. I've put our price (incl. builder discount) in parentheses. Fridge - Samsung RFG297AA ($1999) Oven - Frigidaire FGET3065KF ($1732) Cooktop - Kitchenaid KFGS366VSS ($907) Rangehood (ducted) - undecided, considering Broan RP230SS or similar, but I'm not sure I like the side intakes. Microwave - undetermined, but it won't be anything fancy. I only use microwaves for reheating non-meat leftovers, or thawing things before cooking them. Dishwasher - GE GDWF160RSS, so far. ($494) We have been planning this house for about 3 years, so I've done a fair bit of research - except for the wall ovens, since until very recently we had planned a single wall oven/micro combo. Selections seem to be pretty solid combos of performance, features and price.
    ...See More

please help me pick light-coloured granite counters!

Q

Comments (13)
    Have you looked at Bianco Romano? It is not as linear in pattern as River White, but has much of the same colors (varies of course depending on the individual slab). It is funny that you found Kashmir white to be more beige -- the samples that I had were definitely cooler and greyer than River White.
    ...See More

Please help me pick a light fixture!

Q

Comments (4)
    It is not centered over the table unfortunately. It's centered for the room but with the built in seating, everything got pushed to one side. Not sure I want to drill a hole in the ceiling just yet. I may replace the table with a round one, which may make the light centered again :)
    ...See More

Kitchen Appliance Layout - New Build - Help me pick!

Q

Comments (64)
    Certainly the front could have overhang added and windows changed I would think - it isn't set in stone. And the windows are going to heat the house up some anyway. Doesn't matter what is in those rooms, the same amount of a/c is going to be used to cool the house. Truly, with modern windows and a/c, it isn't like rooms with south facing windows are going to bake. West facing windows are more challenging. But yes, large south facing windows without overhang are going to cause an a/c load. But a properly designed a/c system can handle it pretty easily. West becomes more of problem because it is really bad for several hours as opposed to a moderate load throughout the day. Even East can be an issue because it heats up the house early before the rest of the house needs a/c. OP, I commend you on your stamina and open mindedness. I hinted at the gender issue with this before and most architects are men. At some point, with large windows and high ceilings, someone who isn't well versed and in tune with sun will feel like a room is bright even with north facing windows. And it won't be terrible of course. As I look at the elevation, the architects are trying to bring light to the public areas. But you would do better with lower ceilings, less windows, if the rooms were just on the south. Looking back on the elevations, it looks like the dining room will be 2 stories? That would bring light into the kitchen if it was more open. But it also is going to be a bit of a challenge temperature wise (and I am contradicting myself a bit ... but 2 stories). Easy enough to a/c but I am thinking about warm during shoulder seasons - while the public areas are somewhat cool. When we have warm Feb days like this entire month, that south glass will get a lot of heat. So a/c will run and your north facing rooms may be a bit cold. Not as much of an issue in the summer when the sun is higher. Elevator? At some point with some of the money in this design, you should consider it. It would be expected with a 3 story house of this caliper in my area. 11 ft ceilings mean a lot of steps to your bedroom with an injury.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    4Heidesign
    9 years ago

Definitely think that the Seagull Warwick is a perfect complement for your chandy. Also agree that while the lanterns are attractive, they will become “trendy” and aren’t practical for downlighting, which the Seagull does. It’s shape is most attractive, and doesn’t read farmhouse to me at all. Love your updates thus far, and know you’ll get this right, too. The straight lines in the glass of the pendant work better than those with curves, if you know what I mean!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks 4Heidesign!

In regards to the rod chain thing, it must have a rod and then you attach whatever length of chain kind of like this pic.

• User
    9 years ago

I wondered if you could use the chain too, but it might be for vaulted ceilings. The rod should come in two or more pieces. Call Lightingdirect. If they don't have the answer, they'll call the company.

• User
    9 years ago

Oh wait, only 1' of chain...that must be meant to be used decoratively?

• jlc712
    9 years ago

I like the Seagull light as well. It will look great with the chandelier.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Could it be that it's 12" of chain (1" diameter)? I think the Seagull pendant is perfect.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hmm. It mentions maximum height is 60". So does that mean if there's only 12" of chain that the fixture without it is 48" long? No....

I sent them an email and got a response back just saying downrods aren't available for this light. I replied and asked for better clarification.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order those. My biggest concern in the shade color. I hope it's pretty light. I like how it looks on the photo posted above, but it's showing pretty brown on the other stock photo on my computer and it's stated that it's 'frosted brown' glass. My cabinets are brown, my counters, my floor, and my walls are beige...I like all of it, but I'm just hoping they're not as brown as I'm picturing. My guess is that photo is showing the bulb on. Maybe changing the hardware to satin nickel will help add some additional contrast for me.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh look, I do think something about the finish is different. Toward the bottom of the page it lists both links for the Vintage Bronze and Autumn Bronze and there's an asterisk noting the Vintage Bronze has been discontinued. The Vintage Bronze appears to have the darker brown glass.

The Autumn Bronze looks cream on my monitor and other fixtures from the same collection in the AB are described as cream glass. I wish lighting sites would be consistent with the info throughout the sites.

• User
    9 years ago

Wayfair describes the shade as smoky parchment. It says the chain or rod is 1'. Imo the photo shows a rod and not the brown wire. Hey, if you need a rod, I think I have an ORB one we don't need.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Smokey parchment, huh. LOL Well parchment is more cream to me so that's good. I was getting ready to order, but decided to check the return policy first. I have 30 days from purchase so I should probably make sure we get the electrical work scheduled before I order.

• User
    9 years ago

Don't forget to look online for a coupon code.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

May - good call.

Hold up. I got looking around for the matching pendant. Would matchy be better in this case?

pendant 8"x8"x9.5"

And then there's the drum chandy too. 20W"X23H"

• laughablemoments
    9 years ago

I'm sorry I don't have much input on the actual lighting choice (feel like I'm listening in to learn more about lighting), but I am wondering how you plan to deal with going from one hole in the ceiling for the fixture to two holes? Are you just going to patch and paint the old hole? Or use the existing spot and swag the two pendants off to the sides from there?

• blubird
    9 years ago

I have to profess a fondness for the Murray Feiss pendants in your first picture. That's my kitchen in the pictures :-) More than 4 years later I still like my pendants and even if you don't choose those my recommendations are that you don't choose lanterns. While they're beautiful, the glare factor of those clear lanterns in a working kitchen would be a no-no for me.

I like the opaque glass on many of your choices because they evenly light the overhead spaces as well as the working surface. My pendants are exactly 27" inches apart, use regular 100 watt bulbs and are on a dimmer. I rarely turn up the lights all the way up (we've been on the hunt for decent 100 watt LED replacements which aren't prohibitively priced) and the entire surface of my island is evenly lit.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laughable - We're going to have the middle hole covered. I'm not really sure what's involved with that so we'll see. I'm sure they'll be patching involved.

Blubird - Oh I'm sorry! I changed it to your name above. (Let me know if you don't want it there.) I'm not sure how I did that with the name reference. Thank you for the measurement info. Hmm.. I wasn't going to put the pendants on dimmers. Do you think your island would still be evenly lit if it were 9" longer? Glad to know the light kicks out around. I definitely wouldn't want something that was only directional downward light. We'd add more lights in general, but I have a feeling I'd pretty much have all of them on, all the time. I was thrilled to find photos of that light, btw. There doesn't seem to be many pics of that one online.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laughable - I guess these are my options.

cover ceiling hole from old light fixture

I was thinking drywall over, but I don't really want to remove the electrical box. Ack, I'm dislike making decisions to do more permanent things that I can't later fix myself - you know when I later change my mind again. I'm pretty sure a cover in the middle, even painted, is going to visually bug me so I'd imagine we're going to drywall.

• blubird
    9 years ago

Even if my island was 9" inches longer, the light would pretty even across the surface. In addition to the pendants I have 5 6" recessed lights which we recently converted to LEDs. I rarely turn those on. Also, I have LED undercab lighting which is on every night until I shut down, and a set of Xenon pucks over the sink which I almost never turn on.

I have no problems with the pictures on here...let them copy away if they want. Since my kitchen is the antithesis of the popular GW kitchen, I don't think I'd have any issue with people posting my pics on their blog :-). Besides, I still like looking at it, too.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

I would be really careful about mixing because of the glass color--- close enough styles so that they sortof look like they match, but don't are worse than matching, imo. and creamy glass can sometimes take on a yellow/orangey color when the light is on depending on the glass and the wattage. I think the quoizel grant or the options from the chandy collection you have would be best.. or something quite different.

I wouldn't want the box covered by a cap- that looks like a cheap, temp fix. I don't think you can very easily patch over it without removing it without being able to tell where the spot is... maybe you could convert it to a can?? I don't know. if you think you will want to convert back to a single fixture in the not too distant future, it would probably be best to just stick with a single fixture....

• User
    9 years ago

I always liked the matching pendant but I remembered you weren't interested in it at the time you bought the chandy, so I didn't revisit it. You weren't interested in any pedants at the time though. You won't get any down lighting with the drum light.

What might not matter in color-matching is that the chandy has an organza shade. I do like that the Warwick pendant is a little more casual for the kitchen. But sight unseen, it's good to know what you're getting.

Did you get a deal on the chandy! It's $330 now!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bluebird - Thanks!

Busy - The color of the Sea Gull shade is giving me pause. You're right, "..close enough styles so that they sortof look like they match, but don't are worse than matching.." I want them to work because the price is great, lol! I think I wish they were a tad bigger, but maybe they'd be fine IRL. I'm used to seeing that huge light with two almost 15" glass shades.

I dislike the shade color on my current island pendant. They're a beige/gold/brown....it might just be that I'm tired of the fixture itself.

I did think about converting the middle one to a can, but think that will look strange. I don't know that I've ever seen that. Keeping a single fixture would be fine with me if I could find something that would work. It wouldn't end up being a downlight. I'm good with switching to two pendants, I just can't pick ones.

May - Well matchy matchy seems like it's always a no these days, but maybe in this case it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Good point about the organza shade. It's not showing very well in the photos above. IRL you can clearly see that it's sheer over the frosted glass. Depending on where you're standing and the light, it goes from looking buttery yellow to soft white.

I really like the Feiss ones, but I don't think they really relate to the chandelier. I have an issue lately with liking more clean/simple lines and also liking more frilly stuff. I've looked through so many lights!

• busybee3
    9 years ago

would it look weird to have the same light that's over your table over your island too??? sortof like matching chandys over an island, except alittle further away... lol

actually, if you change to pendants, I would probably go with 3 and keep that center box! often you see groupings of 3 pendants- probably more often than you see 2.

does your chandy group have a linear suspension light?? I know you're tired of the one you have, but I would think that if there is one in that grouping it would look very different.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Busy - The same light - well...... that did cross my mind at one point. I don't know what I think of that!

I thought I would need to drop to smaller pendants (like 5") if I went with three.

Was just looking for a suspension light and don't see one. My chandelier is the Palmer. The Grant has this three light I forgot about. It's ok.

Found this info.

"kfehn

A lot is talked about
    as far as hanging height, but I am wondering how far apart the pendants should
    be spaced. We have a 6 foot peninsula and we're planning on 2, either 8"
    or 12", pendants. I don't want them to hang too closely together.

[1 Like[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/kitchen-islands-pendant-lights-done-right-stsetivw-vs~158689) October 20, 2013 at
    4:59PM

PRO

Whispar Design

As a general rule,
    take the island length less diameter of pendants then divide by 16". In
    your case 2 13" or 3 8" pendants"

I don't know that I want to look at three pendants.

• User
    9 years ago

I wouldn't be too concerned with matchiness. You've got a lot going on so repeating an element might be a good design choice. I also wondered about three pendants. Did you do a mockup?

The Grant has too many heavy shades which overpower your chandy.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I haven't tried a mock up beyond the plates. That light is so big I figured it would be hard to get a visual. I'll pick up some balloons and give it a try. The other thing with adding a third light is it will add to the overall cost. If three lights were to end up being best, that's fine, but it will be a factor in what I end up with.

Before we bought the current light there we had a flush mount (boob light) with frosted glass. I didn't have any issues with it not being a downlight, but these other lights that aren't pendants are a little a little different design wise. *sigh*

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think I'm leaning towards the matching pendants. I'll do a mock up.

As for single lights, I like these.

This one comes in 15" or 20"W/3 or 4 light. Glass and the outer shade is translucent organza - saw it described as both white and umber.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The matching pendant is 8"Wx9.5"H

• Downrod Sizes: (2) 6" and (2) 12"

• blubird
    9 years ago

I would be leery of hanging a pendant with an organza shade over the island. I'm not a particularly messy prepper, but somehow I accumulate some spatter on the glass shades of the Feiss pendant. I would hate to have to clean organza.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Blubird - Never say never, but so far I don't think I've noticed much spritz on my current light. The organza is pretty stiff - like metal kind of, and I don't think it would be too big of an issue to clean.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

I'm not crazy about the semi-flush light. to be honest, to keep it simple, since you're not thrilled with any of the lights, I'd stick with a single light... it's not that large of a space, you said you don't need real task lighting, and you like to change things up now and then... I'd pick the drum shade or the chandy.

or, to go full circle--maybe try a single hundi light that you really loved and had your heart set on! I think 2 would have been a lot in your kitchen anyway... get a decent sized single light whose globe you know you can remove for cleaning- that'll be the easiest way to keep it streak free- by washing it. you won't have the expense of having electrical work and patching done, there will only be one light to maintain, and in a couple/few years if you learn there's something else you really would want in your kitchen, you can make any changes then...usually you see multiples of them over an island, but your island isn't that large and your ceilings aren't that high... at least you would have a light you really liked!? :) and if you dislike it there, you could move it and won't have put out $ to make electrical changes to your kitchen...

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Busy - Do you mean this drum shade from the set.

They make this semi flush too (I know you just got done saying you don't care for the semi flush), but figured I'd show it since you mentioned drum shade.

I do like the matching pendant. I like the idea of keeping the lights from the same line since I do have a lot going on. If you did pendants, would you use two or three?

Nah, for the single light hundi. I prefer them in sets of two over an island. I once found a photo with only one and I didn't care for the look. That person was also questioning if it looked right. Plus, the cleaning and being to be all flashy with her beauty, lol.

• User
    9 years ago

The drum shade is kind of neat with the glass shades underneath. It seems awfully dressy for a kitchen. You only need two pendants.

If you went in a non-matching direction but still complementary, how would you feel about a non-shiny brass pendant to pull the brass from the chandy? It would brighten it up.

Meant to tell you how great your new appliances look.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

May - I agree the drum shades are both rather dressy.

I like non shiny brass. I have a lot of pictures saved of lights with that type of finish.

Thanks about the appliances. There were quite a few people I remember wanting to see them in place. It's ok if they don't comment, but I just hope they don't miss it.

• User
    9 years ago

Can you post some of the ones you saved? I just took a quick look and I'm wondering how you'd tell if the color and quality of the brass would be good. I know it's making a comeback, but the pics I've seen are of higher end lighting. Houzz high end AAMOF!

I don't know what's going on in HD. 300 people checked in on Roll Call, yet you can only get on average five people to help with a real design problem. Either they lurk or they spend all their time here talking theory instead of putting their knowledge into practice. I know HD is your "home", but they're probably more interested in helping you with pendants in Kitchens.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll see what I have for the brass pics. I think I deleted a bunch a while back. A lot of the ones I liked were out of budget - Hudson Valley, Visual Comfort... A lot of them had an industrial nod too.

I know I talk a lot in my posts and I'm sure can be off putting. I've noticed the lack of help in other threads though too. I thought about posting over in kitchens, but seems every time I do the responses are minimal (Even when I try not to talk a lot.) and I usually have someone.... for example - I had someone tell me if I wasn't going to fix my refrigerator area and do it right there was no point. I know -free advice - choose not to be offended, etc. The tone over there always seemed different.

Thanks for all who are trying to help!

• busybee3
    9 years ago

I really don't care for the picture you show above of the semi flush in the kitchen... of course it isn't over an island, but I'm thinking I still wouldn't care for it there.

just quick went over to the lamps + website... what do you think of something like the Aldrich 25" ??? it is similar to a lantern which you were at one time drawn to and has small simple curves similar to you chand... don't know how similar the colors are...

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Busy - Ah, gotcha. The Aldrich - Well....I know my chandelier has scrolls, but that one is too scrolly. Thank you for looking!

May - I seem to like golds that aren't bright like builders brass. It might just be that builders brass looks cheap because..well, it is. When I google antique brass pendants, I pretty much every color that shows up.

I might ask on the kitchen forum. I'm tempted to just put can lights above the island, but how many and what sizes becomes the issue. Two 6" cans? Three?

I think I'm going to step away from this for a few days to reflect.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

What was your old name?

• User
    9 years ago

I went looking again for something with a little sparkle in glass but I'm not seeing anything. Looked on Lightingdirect, Overstock, and Lamps Plus Open Box. I couldn't find the Palmer pendant on Overstock because they don't have it labeled as Quoizel. You have to search on Palmer. But it's much less than LD's price.

Palmer Pendant

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There are some clear glass lights I like, but I don't know that they relate either. I notice most of the pendants I like have that thing going on at the top of the shade.

I wouldn't want decorative bulbs hanging down like that.

Here's a closer pic without the bulb showing.

thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com

I've always liked these, but don't know anything about them.

fortheloveofahouse.blogspot

Thanks for the Palmer pendant link. I saw they had the best price by a good bit. I feel like the matching pendant is kind of dressy. I'm wondering if maybe it won't really seem like that since there are no scrolls..maybe.

• User
    9 years ago

I'll look for some dome styles tomorrow. With Lightingdirect, you can select dome as a search term. I did find this on Overstock, which has some of the detailing of the Seagull light. It's pretty when enlarged and has a touch of farmhouse styling. It's 8" across. There's a 13" too for $50 more.

Z-light Mason

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, I like that a lot in both sizes. It's nice to see they didn't squash the glass funny when they enlarged it. There's gold highlight like my chandelier does.

It's funny, I never thought of those lights as farmhouse until you mentioned it. I can see that now. I now realize I have more than one picture of farmhouse style in my mind with some I like better than others.

I'll search more tomorrow too.

Oh, have to tell you - I was emailing back and forth with Lightingdirect about lights (obviously) and the same guy asked me in two different, replying, emails about the same lights,"What's the project you're working on?" The first time I answered saying they were a possibility for over an island. He sent me an email with additional info I requested and I replied saying thanks. I then got another email saying your welcome and asking, again, what project I was working on. Any idea what's up with that? They've been helpful with any questions I've asked. This was the first person to do that, and I just found it strange. Maybe I'm missing something.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Blubird - Would you mind measuring your pendants from the bottom to the top of the glass please?

• laughablemoments
    9 years ago

I wish I had words of wisdom to share with you on your lights, but I don't. (In fact, our island light is going to look very similar to the one you want to take out, LOL.)

I did want to mention that if you can't edit your title to include your old screen name, it might be nice to start a new thread with your old screen name in it so that people don't miss out on seeing the new appliances (Very nice!) I nearly missed them since I didn't recognize the new screen name. I'm sure we'll get used to the new names in time, but meanwhile...

I wish you the best in your lighting choices! : )

• User
    9 years ago

The Z-lite Mason has nice styling with the thick band and the round screws. I like the plainer top and the shade shape. I think it goes well with the other kitchen elements, and it's more your style than the smaller pendants. It sells for $170 on LD! Hopefully that means better quality that it's not starting out at a low price point. If you like working with LD, I would ask them to match Overstock's price. I think the guy you emailed is just a little forgetful or is emailing a lot of people at the same time. They must do an incredible business. I called them to find an out-of-stock Quoizel light and they called me back promptly after they checked with them.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laughable - Thank you! I believe you only have an hour to edit your original post. I could change the name that displays to show up my old name for a while, but I figured that may add more confusion. I usually read the titles before the posters name so I thought the title of the thread would be enough. I did update in the roll call thread. I kind of feel like I'm being obnoxious starting a new post, lol.

May - I really like that light too, thank you for finding it. I will ask LD if they'll price match. Their return policy also sounds more solid if I need to use it. You think the smaller size will be good?

I just realized there were lights I really liked the overall shape from Home Depot, but they only came in a silver finish. The shape of the Mason light looks similar to those.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Blubird - Oh thanks so much! I'm trying to get a visual and that's helpful.

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

Wow Shee! Glad I caught your reveal this morning! You have done a FANTASTIC job on your cabinets. I know how hard you have researched this project and you really got it right! I know you haven't always been happy with the color of your counter and flooring, but the cabinet color really pulls it all together. So glad you were able to get your SS appliances - they are the icing on the cake.

I have no suggestions on lighting - because you have much better style than I do - you will get it right :).

You and your little family will enjoy your new kitchen!

User thanked tuesday_2008