SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

I'm half way through my organizing/decluttering list

marie26
17 years ago

It's the easier items on my list of 32 that I'm completed with. I broke everything down into specific jobs. For instance, in each bathroom, I put drawers as 1 item and under the sink as another item.

My favorite accomplishment so far is how I organized the linen closet. We had purchased 3 good sheet sets in the past couple of years and of course I saved all the zippered plastic bags they came in (lol). I used these bags for the following: dining room linens, extra pillowcases, sheets for company, extra soft floor mats and extra comforters. I keep my daily sheet sets in their corresponding pillow cases. It's so nice to finally have an organized cupboard. I also found brand new towels in there that I'd forgotten I'd purchased.

In my bathroom, I had full drawers that I had organized last year. Now, there are 2 half-full drawers and 1 3/4-full. I finally threw away items that I hadn't used in years. One had already been replaced. I figure if I need them again, I'll go and buy them.

I started a new system for my store receipts. I read this tip in a magazine a couple of weeks ago and I might have read the same hint on this forum but I really can't remember.

I purchased a 13-section plastic expanding file. I labeled each section by stores that I frequent all the time and others by type of store. I also included a section for medical questions as well as a To Do section.

My walk-in closet that I've refused to do since DH made a mess of it with the wires (those darn wires) really does need to be done. I'm going to move those wires to the library which is our extra room that holds our bookcases, a recliner and 2 chairs with an end table. We hardly ever go in there so it makes much more sense to put the bins of wires in there. On my list, I've put wires as one item and the closet as another item.

Out of the 16 places left to organize, 6 have to do with different sections of papers to go through. I want to weed out and get rid of the excess. The garage and the tools in the garage (2 items on the list) will have to wait until it's not the 20 below with wind chill that we have here today. It'll probably get done in the spring.

Comments (7)