SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bojo96

UPDATE: I'm Bored & on my way to Pennsylvania

bojo96
18 years ago

Maryanne...be on the lookout for the overstuffed box. LOL

Have fun...take what you want...add some...pass it on.

Let the RR begin! lol

I'm at work right now, but will post the DC# when I get home.

Julie

Comments (69)

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Hi gang!

Yes, I did. My daughter chose a native american windchime and I chose a pretty garden stake with flowers and an old hand pump on it. I found some seeds to try and put bunches in along with some other goodies for Julie to take on her cross-country travels!

I opted for the doc early yesterday and missed the post office hours. It will go out to FL in the morning so be on the lookout Carrie Ann...our bored Julie is on her way for a visit! ;) I'll post dc # later in the day tomorrow.

Julie, this has been a fun robin!...glad ya got bored. lol

~Dee

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Woohooo one more night with my friend Dee, then I'm on my way to sunny Florida! (please tell me it's not hurricane season!) lol
    Dee, I'm glad you & your DD each found something! Thanks for playing & letting me come visit!

• Related Discussions

I'm bored,bored BORED!

Q

Comments (14)
    Better yet come on up to British Columbia and I'll find lots for you to do - I am changing jobs in 2 weeks, going from caretaking apartment buildings to working at the head office. Before the new caretaker arrives I have 2&1/2 storage rooms full of crap I have to sort and either store somewhere else or get the goodwill to come and get. Meanwhile I have to paint and clean a unit for her to live in, patch paint another one and clean from top to bottom another one. In another building I have 3 suites that need various things done to them before they are rentable. I also have to put together some presentable work clothes for office attire, I have been wearing paint splattered clothing so long it will be a shock to wear something that is paint free.... add to that the regular duties associated with my job and my own life, and yep, I could really use your help if you're bored...lol. No time to be bored in this neck of the woods. Suzan J
    ...See More

Howdy, I'm back! (extremely long, hopefully not too boring)

Q

Comments (15)
    Sue, the Etap hotel is a few steps below a motel 6...quite a few steps in fact. LOL! The rooms were tiny, which were expected but the floor was really grungy and the toilet/shower area were a one piece porta potty plastic unit that had been put into a corner of the room. It was very small and the floor area by the toilet got soaked when you showered. The shower stall area was barely big enough to turn around in. Now I wish I had taken a picture! Patti, I think the house I used to live in was torn down and a new one put in it's place, there were a lot of new homes there. The town was very small, just one street with one tiny restaurant and a coffin maker. That was it...not even a post office. Stacy, yeah, I think I should've learned after our trip out west. Some of it was fun but for the most part they weren't interested in a lot of it. I've downloaded my pictures and will start posting them. Wish I had taken more videos, they are pretty funny because they are so BAD! LOL!
    ...See More

I'm bored

Q

Comments (2)
    It sounds interesting... but not the time to look at the farm! lol It's onlyu 6:53 here! and so sunny and warm! It's 9:53 at the farm, and dark and looks rainy! lol Maybe I should put a camera... you can watch my dog sleep, and our yellow jacket traps get filled up! LOL
    ...See More

I'm so bored...! (Running commentary)

Q

Comments (5)
    Lol, well I'm sorry, Joe, but I can't feel too sorry for you! I'm sitting here waiting for my first bloom! I usually get something open by Memorial Day and there is NOTHING open out there. At least you've seen some blooms already. The weather has been wonky here too. Nothing severe like in other parts but not normal either. One day it's 80 and the next 5 it's 50. the roses aren't growing much at all. Our averages should be low 70s in the daytime and mid 60s at night. We've had frost warnings twice in the last week. NOT FAIR! Our frost date is May 15th for Pete's sake. I put my tomatoes and peppers in just last week ( I did wait until after the frost date) and then promptly had to cover them all or lose them. Arrrrgh! I'd move it. It's having to compete too much with the Jasmine and that's probably slowing down it's progress. Bonica is a repeater so it should have bloomed by now. Usually only once bloomers take more than a couple of years to have their first bloom. If you'd like to have them grow together, which would be pretty, you need to grow the seedling up bigger first and then replant it with the Jasmine.
    ...See More
  • faintheart
    18 years ago

Here's the DC# 0301 0120 0006 4565 4742 for Carrie Ann. It's heading Florida way!

C'mon back anytime, Julie! I caught a cruddy virus and am not feeling too well so the "to do" list is getting longer. lol

Dee

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dee, glad you let me come visit, but doubly glad I'm outta there if your sick. Hope you feel better soon!
    Carrie Ann? I'm bored & on my way to Florida...could you set up some deep sea fishing for me? Thanks LOL
    Julie

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hehehehe found this & couldn't resist...
    CARRIE ANN...

• nitelite
    18 years ago

Julie, commmmmmmmmon down!

Now, we have a conundrum!

I'm about 2 hours both sides of me away from the ocean/bay... and ironically, i've never deep sea fished before! [although, I have been on my bosses yacht]

I can't wait till it gets here... i'd be even more stoked if my ear infection that is trying to kill me goes away [i hate those nasty things!] hopefully i'll be able to 'nip' it in the bud since its just starting.

On a side note, I have 3 cats, i have 2 old ladies... they are 15 and 16 years old, and true outdoor cats... both long haired, one black/brown really and one grey. They are deffinately getting up in years and its noticeable. They are both in here with me and my 'young man' my 5 year old Grey Tabby that is declawed and a true 'house cat/dog half the times it seems'. I've never had all 3 in my little 'apartment' as i do tonight. and check it out! not one of them are 'hissing'!

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I like conundrums...actually, I just like that word, it's fun to say. LOL
    Hope your ear infections goes away quickly, those hurt! The cats must know "mom" doesn't feel good & are all on their best behavior. Hope you find some things you like in the box!

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hey Julie when you get here you won't be bored, i'm only 15 minutes from the beach! Whooohoo!

Me & Julie gonna be....

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL Sassy! Look forward to "visiting" you. I think I'll need a bigger floatie tho. LOL
    {{gwi:1242001}}

• nitelite
    18 years ago

Wow

The box arrived today, Im very impressed that it only took 2 days! Unfortunately, I wont be able to get it out until friday afternoon. I have to get my car to the mechanic tomorrow, as well as take my mother to 2 different doctors appointments and still work 8 hours. Unfortunately, that doesn't give me any free time! But on friday, I'm going going to be working 4 hours [because its good friday]. Gee, I hope the post office is still open!!! [it should be, since i know we will be getting mail friday at work].

It took me over an hour to go through the box!!!! I decided to take this cute little plaque "The Witch Is In" and also the cuttest little butterfly wind chime.

The seeds enclosed, OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! That took the longest time. I did pick a few of them out, after googling most of them [because there were things this zone 9a gal had not heard of before]. I also learned what some plants i have around here in my neighborhoods are [like castor bean, my mothers doctors office is sorrounded by them!] I also slipped some seeds in to replace...

This has been an awsome swap... I really do appreciate being a part of it. If i can get the box out tomorrow, I definately will.

Will post the confirmation when it is mailed and let you all know asap!

Thanks again Julie! Hope you won't be too bored here before I get you on your way!

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well while your working & doing appointments...point me towards the beach! LOL
    Thanks for having me visit & glad you found some things you liked. (I thought the witch sign was cute LOL)

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Ohh..I'm next! Julie's on her way to Chicago! Bring your checkbook, LOL! I'm about 15 minutes away from the city (depending on traffic). We could hit the famous magnificent mile (tons of shops) and shop til' we drop! Eat at a little bistro shop, and then hit the beach for a quick tan! Go past Oprah's studio, hit Chinatown (eat again, shop little more..LOL) and finish the night off going to the theatre!
    So many movies get filmed in Chicago, sometimes you can actually see glimpses of them being filmed. The streets are usually shut down when that happens, but it's interesting to see all the behind the scenes stuff.
    Or if money's tight we could go to the museum and planetarium and eat a sack lunch at the beach! China towns priced reasonably so we can still have dinner, LOL! ;)

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Deb, dh & I went to Chicago on business a few years back, sure wish I could have looked you up there then! We went 'downtown' (i wanted to find Oprah's studio) we couldn't tell what anything was except 'Sears Towers' which is a whole other story! Lets just say sears can bite me where the sun don't shine....every second of every day! Ok, lol, anyway jeezzzzzzzzz were we glad to get out of there! Those darn taxi drivers just about eat us alive!!!!

Will never go back!

Julie, I keep tryin' to help keep it fun! Don't think its workin':(

Diane

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL...Diane, you should ride with me downtown Chicago. I take on those dang taxi drivers AND WIN!!! Was at a 4 way stop sign with 4 lanes at each stop...When it was my turn, I TOOK MY TURN....left 3 taxi drivers sitting in the middle of the intersection. My passengers were on the floorboard, but I had had enough already LOL I got us everywhere we wanted to go/see...have a feeling you would've been sitting up cheering me on and thumbing your nose at the taxi drivers. LOL
    Ok...to keep this thread a little more interesting...I'm going to have a contest, with the winner getting an extra surprise. Here's what you have to do to enter the contest:
    Since I'm bored & like to travel, but the box can't see for me, I want you to post a picture of where you live. (not your house if you don't want to, but some attraction, scenery, something that would be interesting to us all) If you can't post but have a picture, email it to me & I'll post it. If you don't have a camera, describe it. Some of my most "beautiful" places have been painted with words. After everyone, that wants to, submits their entry, everyone here will vote (by email to me) the place they would most like to visit.
    Not sure what the prize will be yet...but just so you know, I will be going to the Cincinnati Flower Show & Lexington KY for 4 days (April 22-25) and will be checking out one of a kind items for the garden!
    So get busy letting me "see" where I'm traveling.
    I'll let you all know when it's time to vote by email.
    Thanks,

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

What a fun idea.
    Well, I'm in Lewiston New York which is a hop skip and a bridge away from Niagara Falls and (my favorite!) Niagara-on-the-Lake. If you've never been to Niagara Falls it's a must-see, but you gotta go to the Canadian side if you really want to see it all. The falls are illuminated at night and that's the most beautiful time to visit, IMO. Lots to do while you're there including the ultra-cheesey Clifton Hill. It has wax museums a la Ripley's Believe or Not and Frankenstein. Moving theaters, haunted houses and giant mazes which I've never dared to enter because I'd surely still be in there!

But the best is Niagara-on-the-Lake, famous for breathtaking scenery and wineries. Splendid B&B's. The foliage is so beautiful it's what inspired me to first take up gardening. Oh, if I could only borrow their gardener for a day! It's a great place to walk up and down the quaint main street, stop in some shops, have a massage and a great meal. You could also take in a play at one of 4 theaters during the famous Shaw Festival. It's really a heavenly summer retreat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Niagara Falls Photos

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Well stop the contest! lol How in the world do we compete with that! Just awesome shots tastefullyjulie!!!!

Julie I would have love to ride around Chicago with ya, I'd been shootin' the bird to them taxi drivers! lol
    Now isn't that a 'very adult' way to handle it! lol

I'll have to go find me a pic, not that it'll do any good at now:)))

Later
    Diane

Is photobucket down for the rest of you?? Tells me they're doing maintenance:(

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Julie...very beautiful, I actually visited the Canada side 2 years ago & those pictures brought back some very funny memories! Thanks.

Lol Diane...contest is still going on...although, Julie's photo's are beautiful.
    Photo bucket is working for me.
    When your in a Chicago taxi situation, adult like is not the answer to getting out alive. LOL

Julie (waiting to see where else I'm visiting)

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Julie mine don't stand up to Julie's but here it is...this is Jerry in our bass boat behind my 'riverhouse' I call it. Nice backyard don't ya think? lol

Here's a shot of my living room, nothing fancy, just a really wonderful getaway!

When you come vist me we'll have lots of fun, I gotta 2 person jet ski!

Diane

• nitelite
    18 years ago

Everyone,

I am sorry that I am late in getting the package in the mail. Needless to say, well, i've had a crappy weekend. The water leak in my car managed to short and fry my airbag diagnostic thingamajig in my car, on saturday. Apparently, this means my car wont start. So, today, I took my car to the dealership [because my mechanic isn't certified to work on air bags] soooooooo, just to fix that, we are talking 500.00. and there is no telling how much more is damanged because of the wiring!!!! GOODNESS! I don't have 500 bucks laying around... well, I've got that covered, and today, when i got back from the dealership, I went to the Post Office and posted the box.

Again, I appologize for holding the box for so long!

Confirmation # 03060320000110164014

Julie is coming your way Deb!

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sorry, i didn't answer sooner...i was injured at work, both arms are a mess and typing is slow going.
    thanks for playing my rr and hope you found some things you liked. i enjoyed my visit in florida and now i'm off to enjoy visiting deb.
    oh are you ready deb? lol
    julie

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Julie sure hope you're ok hun! Let us know when you can!

Diane

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Julie,
    I sure hope your feeling better! Ryan is still off work with his work related injury (wood fell on his foot crushed big toe/broke second toe). He's been off work for over 6 weeks. He should be going back to work next week if the Dr. permits. Yay! LOL.... If he read this, boy would I be in trouble! ;)
    The box arrived today! It wasn't sealed, actually open on one end. So, I hope nothing fell out! I had so much fun going through the box! I picked out a few packages of seeds- Datura, and multi branched sunflowers. I'm in a sunflower phase!
    I also chose a plastic hummingbird feeder, Gebera & Impatiens (in a can), mini quilt.

Thanks for the quick visit! The package is full and ready to go. I'll post a delivery conf # in the morning.

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

The "Julie" package has been shipped out, USPS tracking
    0305 0830 0002 4990 3617.

Be on the lookout for it, Heather!

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Deb, thanks for playing in my RR! Hope to visit again sometime LOL
    Heather...hope you find some things you like!
    FYI, I will be gone from Sat the 22nd to Wed the 26th on vacation. One day will be spent at the Cincinnati Flower/Garden Show...yeeehhhhhaaawww!
    I'll be back to check on things soon after I get home, hope all is well with everyone and you have a great weekend.

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Hi Girls, just wanted to pop in real quick and say "Julie" has landed here on my doorstep. Will post again after I have had a chance to check the box out. Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend. ~Heather

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

"Julie" is back on route to Summer. The conf # is:03050830000395405638. I took out 2 packs of seeds and added 6 more back in. I also took out a pair of gloves and some bath stuff. Happy Gardening~Heather

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Yay, Julie is coming my way! She is my pal in the Exchange Ring, so I am excited that she's coming for a visit. ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay here with me. Though it's unusually chilly the past couple days, so I hope you brought a jacket! Can't wait for you to get here.

~Summer

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for playing in my RR Heather and glad you found some things you liked!
    Summer, look forward to visiting you! Wearing my winter jacket right now...someone forgot to turn the heat back on in IL! LOL
    Julie

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Julie arrived today! Hope you have enjoyed your afternoon with me. hee hee.

I enjoyed looking through the box, and the big bag of seeds! (I am a seed addict, so that was the best part, lol.) ;) I took from the box, some Peppermint simmering liquid, apple crisp melting wax squares, and some alluminum plant markers, which I really needed and was very happy to find in there. Also took a few packs of seeds, (including dwarf arabica coffee plant, which I am really excited to try!) and then I put a few items and a whole bunch more seeds back in.

Will try and send back out tomorrow, and will post the conf# when it's sent. So look out Diane, Julie will be headed your way soon! And just fair warning; be prepared, because boy, is she a handful! LOL, of course I'm kidding. ;)

~Summer

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Woo hoo, she's getting closer to me!

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

A handful, huh? Well someone has to keep you ladies on your toes, guess I'll do it. LOL
    Glad you found some things you like Summer! Thanks for playing in my RR.
    Hmmmm...are 2 Julie's allowed to play together? Isn't that like illegal or something...not that we'll cause trouble or anything! hehehehe
    Julie

• sassyd
    18 years ago

I'll be on the look out hun, thanks for the heads up! Julie I'll try to post alittle later, I've had a very hectic week....So what happened to our pics....

Later girls
    Diane

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

I am so sorry that I did not get the package mailed on Friday. Hope you didn't mind spending the weekend with me Julie.
    It's a long story, but something big came up and it has been a very bad weekend for me. I will be sure and get this mailed tomorrow, if I can't then I will have my mother mail it for me.

I'm really sorry to Diane, but it will be in flight tomorrow.

Summer

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Julie is on her way Diane, look out.
    Conf. #0305 2710 0002 2777 0850

Summer

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Summer, I hope things are better for you! Thanks for being in my RR...got lucky and have an internet connection for at least a few minutes. I'm getting very upset over the hassle I'm having. Email me and I'll try to open it when my next connection hits. LOL
    Diane...I'm ready to check things out in your part of the world...question is are you ready? LOL
    Julie

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Conf. # says it was delivered yesterday. So did ya' get it? If not, check your P.O. box! Let us know what you found. :)

~Summer

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Diane.............I'm bored sitting outside in the box, let me in.....I promise I won't cause to much trouble. Well, I'll TRY not to. LOL
    Julie

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Yes Diane, hurry. I think I'm next... Hee hee.

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Julie's here! Whoopie! Post Office had you locked up yesterday, by the time I got there they were closed, so I couldn't get it, so sorry Julie! What did you do it there all nite? lol

Me & Julie are gonna play and I'll be back shortly!

Tastefully.....

*giggles* Just Kidding!

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

So where have you and Julie run off to?
    Hope you two are stayin' out of trouble! ;)

~Summer

• bojo96
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well...while I was waiting for morning and you to come get me, I steamed open a bunch of letters and resealed the wrong letter in addressed envelopes then resealed them to be delivered. hehehehehe...hey, had to amuse myself somehow.
    So what's our plans for tonight? I'm feeling feisty! LOL

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hey girls, sorry I'm runnin' late here, my daughter, Julie was in a car accident last nite (hit a huge deer) so I spent most of the nite at the emergency room. Shes banged up but no broken bones thank goodness! Julie I'm gonna do my my very best to see "Julie" off in the morning, but if not for sure on Monday....I'll post the cf# tommorrow if I have a chance to get it there before 12. I took out the cute little garden stake with a frog on it and the pair of garden gloves which I need and of course added some goodies I hope ya'll can use! Me & my 2 Julies and dh are having all mexican food tonite since today is....Cinco De Mayo day! Sure hope my guest loves Mexican food! Sorry I'll have to take you out on the town the next trip, Julie as I hate to leave my Julie right now.
    Still hope you had a fun trip!

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Wow, so many Julie's I'm getting confused. But there can never be too many Julie's :)

Glad your daughter is safe and sound.

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Girls I'll make sure Julie is on her way tommorrow. Lots of goodies! Enjoy! It sure was fun Julie!

Diane

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Diane,

I sure hope your Julie is doing okay, let us know how she's doing when you can, okay?

As for Julie who's hosting this swap, I haven't heard anything from her in days, and I usually get e-mails from her pretty often. I sure hope she gets her internet connection fixed soon so she can give us a real update on how her trip went! Miss you Julie, hope you are doing well.

Glad you found some things you liked Diane, hope you find some goodies, too, Julie! (tastefullyjulie, that is.)

Phew, that's a lotta Julie's!

• bojo96
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wahooo...I have an almost connection. LOL
    If I wait every so often I can submit something. LOL
    Diane, have I left your house yet? Not that I didn't enjoy my stay. How's your Julie doing, hope she's doing fine now!
    Ok...better submit this while I can.
    Thanks Summer for letting them all now I'm having problems, your a peach!
    Hugs,
    Julie

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Hi everybody! Summer my Julie is getting better, still very sore. $4500 damage to the driver side of her car, she's so very lucky!

Julie heres the tracking # UPS, I just stuck the post office box right inside another box, so you won't have to go to any trouble to find another box, I just normally ship UPS... I haven't checked it, but I'm assuming you should get it on Thursday....1z6408w10351768166

Enjoy! Hope you all have a great week & weekend!

Diane

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Lol, Julie we must have been typing at the same time! I came back because I realized I had forgotten to ask about you! Glad to see you back on! Yes, we still had a good visit in spite of everything!

Later girls....

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

AWESOME!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Diane,
    Sorry for posting this late, I haven't checked this thread lately. I'm so glad your Julie is ok!

Julie,
    What neat plants followed you home?