SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Help needed on moving-in day in new house

marie26
16 years ago

I have been packing up my house getting ready for the movers in 9 days. It's taking me longer than it should but I've been organizing as I'm packing. I'm trying to figure out where the items will go in my new house.

I have a large attached garage in my house now where I have stored items not immediately needed. In the new house, there is no attached garage, just a large carport out back plus a small storage room behind it. I plan on putting the shovels, lawn mower, lawn chairs and those types of items in there. But that leaves items such as luggage, dog cages, a couple of large bins of items to keep, a few boxes of items I'm holding for my kids to go through when they visit after I move, etc.

This brings me to a major dilemma. There are 2 storage areas in the house that are very dark and I'm not sure how deep these areas are. One is off the family room in the basement and the other is off hallway upstairs. I can put those battery powered lights in these areas but I don't want to just put the garage items in there until I can figure out exactly what will fit and what items I have room to put away in the house. And I don't want to have to carry items upstairs or downstairs after the movers leave. Perhaps I'm asking for too much but I need to be able to mark where these items will go so the movers will know. I definitely won't have time to think about this on moving-in day.

Comments (12)