SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pedsrn09

Moving to new home, need advice for decorating living area

pedsrn09
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am in the process of choosing and buying furniture for my first home. Of the things I have found, I am drawn to the dark brown/black wood. The floors of the home are darker hardwoods. I also like the darker leather chairs.

After thinking of this all put together I am extremely worried that everything may be "too dark" together and need some direction, please! (BTW- the furniture already there are the current owners-)

What do you think? Too much dark? I am interested in having a fabric sofa/loveseat combo as well, but cannot find any that I like- any suggestions that may look good in this area?

My plan is to put the entertainment armoire in the corner by the fireplace where the orange hutch is currently (if it fits- I need to get exact measurements), because I'd like to have a full size sofa in there somewhere. From what I have noted, it would be easy to do if there was no entertainment system taking up the entire long wall in that room. (The current owners have the chair and a loveseat) Thoughts?

Comments (7)