SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stbonner_gw

Going to buy a new mixer - suggestions please

stbonner
15 years ago

Hey y'all. I am getting ready to buy a new mixer and would love to hear what your experiences have been with the different brands. I currently have a KA Artisan mixer, which isn't doing such a great job with my weekly or biweekly batches of whole wheat sourdough bread. I'm also getting more interested in baking other types of bread and hope to soon branch out some. I currently make bread once or twice a week, and the recipe I am using calls for six cups of flour. I do bake other things occasionally, but bread is the main thing I would use the mixer for. I also bake a good bit at the Holidays, and would ideally like a mixer that can do anything I want done, so that I don't have to have two mixers stored in my kitchen.

I am interested in the Electrolux DLX, as I'm read such great reviews on it. I would love to hear from someone who really has one, as they are not the "normal" looking mixer and it's hard for me to grasp the concept of it, frankly. I'm also open to other suggestions if anybody has a mixer that they absolutely love. My budget is pretty open, so let's hear your suggestions for a "dream mixer". Thanks.

Comments (11)