SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

CL Vintage furniture find for DD's room - Next step!

Valerie Noronha
14 years ago

I went ahead and purchased the seafoam vintage furniture on CL for a total of $260 for all three pieces. It was another feel good CL story for me as I purchased from a girl whose mother had painted the furniture for her years ago, but now she is relocating to New Orleans for grad. school, she needed to sell. She was thrilled it was going to my 8 year-old DD to use and enjoy.

It definitely has the shabby chic look given the amount of moving around she has done with it. I am leaning towards painting it all white since it has more green in it that the aqua w/ lime accents DD and I are planning.

Here they are:

Here is the desk w/ the chair I rescued last week curb side. Do you think they go together style-wise?

This is along side the bedding and WTs DD and I picked out. We will use either the striped WT or the white sheer w/ dots and she currently has white wood blinds which will stay.

At this point, I still need to find an iron daybed for her and a nightstand. What do you think of this one?

I have some FLOR samples on order and will either use FLOR square or purchase an aqua rug. I think white would look stunning, but not very little girl friendly. Once I decide on the rug, then will move on to chosing the paint and making final decision whether or not to paint these.

Pls. let me know if you think I should paint it all white or keep as is. I imagine I could color match this and just do all furniture in the seafoam. If I were to go that route, I don't think the chair works so would need to find something else. No biggie. Or perhaps I could try to recover this one? Then what color for the walls and area rug?

Appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Comments (17)