SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Which dresser for DD's room?

juddgirl2
13 years ago

I'm thinking of getting one of these dressers for my daughter's room, or both if they work together and if the smaller one isn't too tall to use as a bedside table.

We're aiming for a shabby chic look. I like the attached mirror look but was originally going to use an older chippy casement window or separate mirror over a dresser. What do you think?

The larger one is 50" wide and 70" tall w/the mirror. Do you think the drawers are too wide for a 7 yr old to easily open them? (I could go look at it just to find out but it's 30 miles away and I've already driven quite a bit in search of furniture!)

The smaller one is 35" wide and 42" tall. I like it but she would lose quite a bit of drawer space b/c right now she has a 6-drawer dresser.

Also, if I get both do you think 42" is too tall to use as a bedside table? Right now she has an antique drysink in her room that I could replace with a small dresser in order to get more drawer space.

The other furniture that will be in the room so far is an iron bed, a slipcover chair, and an antique tall cabinet/hutch painted a grayish green (and the drysink might stay if I don't use a smaller dresser next to the bed)

smaller dresser

larger dresser

Inspiration slipcover chair

iron bed and 42" tall drysink

Comments (14)