SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicnsb_gw

Layout...trying it again!

vicnsb
16 years ago

I started this months and months ago but my oldest sister became very ill with pancreatic cancer and so everything was put on hold. My TKO seemed very unimportant although it was a wonderful distraction. Thankfully she is stable and doing really well now after a very scary 6 months. I would love to start the kitchen in July.

I have boxes of sketches and hours and hours on this forum and still am not sure what I am doing. I originally talked to a couple of KD's but it seems that I have lived here for 20 years and know what is important to me. I had some very helpful input from forum members last year when I first began and was very grateful!

We have 1 college son still home and 2 older kids that sometimes spend weekends with us and live nearby. I love to cook and entertain, we have all family functions and holidays at our home. My family room is steps down from the kitchen and a different level with a bearing wall between. The little wall between the dining rm. and kitchen is also a bearing wall. I would love to have my kitchen opened more to the living room and have tryed to put in a pass through or opening where the tall cabinet is. I would like to not have to change out beams and keep the extra money on appliances. My family is always gathered around the existing peninsula so something similar is important.

I am trying to add photos of the kitchen and layout dimensions. I am hoping that some of your generous ideas will help me out of my confused state! I would love all ideas...thank you so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen photos

Comments (16)