SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_2006

separate sides for side-spray and soap dispenser? which side?

anna_2006
16 years ago

I will have a 1 and 3/4 sink (the smaller bowl is quite large) and no GD (no need for one here in Toronto). The sink will be in the island with the DW to the right and the pullout trash to the left.

I need help deciding if the smaller bowl should be on the left or right.

I plan on getting a faucet with a side-spray and also a soap dispenser. I am wondering if the placement of these will influence which side my smaller sink should be on?

For example, since I am right-handed, I am thinking that the side-spray should be to the right of the faucet so that it is easier for my dominant hand to use the spray. This would mean that my soap dispenser should be on the opposite side which would be to the left of the faucet. If the soap dispenser is on the left, does that mean that my large bowl should be on the left because the large bowl will be used for washing pots and the soap will be easily accessible from the left side?

Does this make sense? Or does it not matter where the side-spray is in relation to your hands because you eventually get used to whatever side it ends up on?

Comment (1)