SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_389547114

Side spray options with wall-mount faucet?

Ellie G
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My sink has an the integrated backsplash that requires a wall-mount faucet, but none of the old-fashioned faucets I like are available with a side spray option and I don't like any of the faucets that do come with a side spray (Kingston Heritage etc.). It seems like there are a number of possible solutions, and I'd love to hear about anyone else's experiences with any of the options below.

[ETA: The sink is in this style, but yellow. I'm going for a 1920s/1930s style kitchen appropriate to the era of my house, with hex tile countertops, period-style cabinets, etc.]

a) Spend the money on one of the few independent side sprays available—probably the Graff G-9935, since it's the simplest and cheapest one. It doesn't really match the style of the main faucet, but would be off to the side of a great big drainboard sink and hopefully fairly invisible. It's not cheap (by a long stretch), but the main faucet is relatively reasonably priced so the total would still be less than a fancy faucet.

b) Go with a Chicago Faucets main faucet (which is where I'm leaning anyways) & get my plumber to figure out how to connect this independent, spoutless faucet to a random deck-mounted side spray. This would ensure the chromes match, but would make for two holes in the countertop (handle and sprayer) rather than just one.

c) Skip the side spray (and sacrifice the built-in soap dish) but get a faucet with an articulated spout that will reach more of the sink.

d) Hold off on making a decision to see the side spray Sign of the Crab plans to release at the end of 2021, and hope it goes with their (expensive!) version of the faucet style I like.

e) Get the faucet I really like and don't worry about the side spray—the sink can be wiped down with a sponge. I have lived without a sprayer in the past, but mostly on a temporary basis and a while ago, so I don't really remember how much I missed it!

Comments (17)