SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamarahl

Revised floor plan - please let me know if something seems off

tamarahl
11 years ago

In a nutshell, these are the big changes: I have incorporated the hutch to the left of the clean up sink, put in a prep sink on the corner of the island (something like a Kohler 33 Stages), and a 36 inch appliance garage between the ovens and fridge. I have opened up the doorway between the sunroom and kitchen to be 38 inches wide now instead of the current 32, and you can see an upper counter in the sunroom with stools that overlook the clean up sink. There will be a new entertainment island, which is smaller than the prep island, and will house the fridge drawers and an small sink. I intend to move the recycling to this island as well. Here it is:

And, here is the view when you walk down from the back stairs:

the view from the corner of the kitchen looking towards the wine cooler:

I need to work on the entertainment island dimensions, as it is too close to the back stairwell, which is next to the televsion. There needs to be more than 42 inches between the wall and the edge of the island, due to a banister and back stairs that are 21 inches deep going into the kitchen.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should put in there besides a drawer for charging phones, laptops, etc.? I also intend to put an old wooden and glass front cabinet on the wall next to the pantry, with a tv above and some open shelves surrounding it.

rhome410, bmorepanic, anyone else out there? I look forward to hearing from you.

This post was edited by tl1969 on Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 23:55

Comments (9)