SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andry_gw

Ok, here are our plans - let me know if there is anything ..

andry
11 years ago

Hi all - I am (hopefully!) attaching my house plans. A little background - I live in a house I'd never thought I'd leave. But life happens - last year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and my father is living alone at 82 and in great health, but is not comfortable living alone forever.

Then, a double lot became available and dirt cheap (bank owned) in our neighborhood. And here we are.

So the house is designed with a 1st floor Master suite that will be for my dad, for now. The other bedrooms are on the 2nd floor (I can still do stairs ok for now) The central coat closet on the 1st floor and the large linen closet on the second floor are being framed so that an elevator could easily be put in there. It is still possible we�ll just put one in now.

Some notes:

1st floor master suite is set up as my Dad wants it - sitting room will be more of an office as he likes. Not sure about the windows over the bed area v. next to the bed.

Office will be a den as well. Desks may or may not be built in (budget!)

Butler's Pantry will actually be more of a wine bar.

I know some don't like fireplaces. We will have sealed fireplace. We have one at the beach house that we use all the time. I'm not 100% sold on one in the upstairs master bedroom, but DH wants it.

Mudroom I haven't quite figured out. We have 4 cubbies in our current house, and that hasn't worked out as well as I had hoped so I'm working on other ideas.

Flooring will probably be American cherry in a natural finish everywhere except mud/laundry area, baths and bedrooms. I wanted cork, lost the battle with DH. My RA is really hard on my feet and ankles, so that's why I chose a softer wood.

Windows will more likely be a 2 over 1 configuration, more in the Craftsman style. Stone will wrap around the garage doors too. Front door will be Craftsman style.

Kitchen � there is a prep sink on the wall on the other side of the island. I have a full kitchen plan I will post in the kitchen forum.

Screened porch is small on purpose � the cat and I are the only ones who will use it. My DH hates to eat outside anyway because of his allergies. So picture a cute bistro table for me and my coffee and the cat watching the birds!! Door will be at the back of it, not in the middle. And yes, there is a door into the house there, it just didn�t make it on to this version!

Master Bath- yes, I know that's a weird little alley for the dormer, but I think it will be nice. We will have built in shelves on the sides, and a cute little chandelier.

Piano upstairs I know is weird. It was the only good place to put it and I really wanted to keep it � baby grand, family heirloom.

Finally, the style is what I would best describe as Craftsman-esque. I like the style, and plan to bring Craftsman design touches inside too, but in a limited way. I don't intend to be totally true to the Craftsman design with furniture, etc (partially because I don't have any!)

Thank you for any suggestions - we're about to sign off on the plans to go to construction drawings for permit. Hope to break ground in July.

The first floor:

The second floor:

The front exterior (South facing)

The west exterior (also facing a street - corner lot)

The rear elevation

The east elevation

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH